Vampire Knight, Volume 1 by Matsuri Hino

Vampire Knight, Volume 1

by Matsuri Hino

I just couldn't help myself. I had to read it all the way through twice before i could put it down to read the next book on my list. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
There are secrets in this school and now I am ready to ferret them out! ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
I picked these up because the local used bookshop has stacks of them and I could get them free because of my credit. I'm glad I did. While I find the drawing sometime a bit confusing, I don't know if that is because of my limited experience with manga or just how Hino draws. The story is Gothic (as most things with vampires are) and has a dark, sexy, tone. I'm enjoying the characters, although they are a bit maudlin for my taste.
I'll keep reading as I can get the next few easily, although I'm not sure I would actively seek out stories like this. It's not because the story or art is bad it’s good, actually - but I don't tend to go for the super dramatic Goth stuff. If you do, then you will very much enjoy this story ( )
  empress8411 | Jan 1, 2016 |
I've read alot of vampire mangas but this is by far my favorite . Love it ! ( )
  Imane. | Nov 4, 2014 |

I heard this was a "Twilight" Manga, and in a way it was, but I was really happy that there were tons of differences! At Cross Academy you can find both humans and vampires. The vampires go to class at night and are called the Night Class, however the humans (Day Class) don't know that the Night Class are vampires, they just know that they are extremely pretty.

Yuki Cross who can be seen as the main character was strangely not my favorite - she was a bit irritating. I like the brooding Zero Kiryu, but I am dreading the love-triangle that I see forming! Although I didn't love it to death, I would give the next volume a try, just because I hear great things about where this series is going!

Note on my review copy: There was a "For review purposes only" watermark right in the middle of every single page, and when there was a text bubble on that section 50% of the time I couldn't make out what it said. At least I could figure out what was going on from the panes I could see.

Illustrations: 3 stars
Story: 3.5 stars
Overall: 3 stars ( )
  Sugar_and_Snark | Sep 24, 2013 |
White snow... it's cold... What is "white"? What is "snow"? It is something that is not red. Something that is "red"... is what?
"This manga contains material that was originally published in English in Shojo Beat magazine, July-November 2006 issues."

well i give all the vampire knight series a 5 star rating. I think every anime fan or lover should really read this!!

(to all new anime lovers, If this is your first read, youll love it!!)

Cross Academy is attended by two groups of students: the day class and the night class. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the guardians of the school, protecting the day class from the Academy's dark secret: the night class is full of vampires!

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,215,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible