Hot Rock (Entangled Covet) by Annie Seaton

Hot Rock (Entangled Covet)

by Annie Seaton

741,138,814 (4.4)None

A fantastic story that is primarily a contemporary romance with a twist of time travel! A fun fast paced read with great characters and a story that pulls you in. Very entertaining read I recommend for all. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
A unique love story with a touch of paranormal... results in a story that spans the ages and you will not soon forget.

Davy Morgan, '70s rock 'n roll legend, has a secret. He is living a dual life and trying to keep his current life private.

Here comes Megan, studiously trying to finish her thesis on the impact of the 70's music festivals vs music festivals today. She is passionate about the music she loves and she loves Davy's music from the 70's... she is a groupie at heart.

As these two are thrown together, biological chemistry goes to work. Their love/hate banter and interaction is one that kept me smiling and yearning while I read this book. I loved reading this book. A smile stayed on my face while I read it. I love this author's writing style. It appeals to my spirit because it is easy going, down to earth, and extremely entertaining.

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. I did receive an ARC for this book. My review is honest. I sincerely love Annie Seaton's writing! ( )
  Gloria.Herrera | Mar 26, 2014 |
Title: Hot Rock
Author: Annie Seaton
Genre: Contemporary Paranormal, Time Slip Romance
Published By: Entangled--Covet (February 24, 2014)
Year Setting: 2014, 1971
Pages: 132, Novella
ASIN: B00I6ZS6IE

About the Author: Annie Seaton is busy with many writing projects. She continues work on books 2 and 3 of the Half Moon Bay Series--Sienna's story and Georgie's story. Coming out March 2015 is The Emerald Quest -Book 1, an historical, the first book in a five book series. And lastly, Seductive Secrets is the prequel to Dangerous Desire and will be available soon.

She lives on the coast of Australia. Her lifelong dream of writing has held much success. She writes steampunk, historical and paranormal romance and romantic suspense. Before retiring she spent her working years in early childhood education, teaching training of teachers at university. She’s been a librarian, teacher, technology consultant and university tutor.

For further information about her and her books click on these links: http://www.annieseaton.blogspot.com.qu/ http://www.annieseatonromance.com

For recreation she loves the outback and removing herself from technology. She delights in walks on the beach and caring for her garden or muses on her deck overlooking the ocean where she plots and dreams of new stories.

About the Story: Megan had problems at home, in Australia, more than she wanted to even think about. She didn’t know how she’d ever clear her name at the university. She was here in England to enjoy the Glastonbury Festival, and complete her research for her doctorate about Davy Morgan’s band, famous in 1971. So who was this guy who stayed at the cottage next door that looked just like Davy Morgan? He said Davy was his uncle. Was she so attracted to him because he looked like her teenage singing idol? She knew they created amazing chemistry and she had to understand this attraction before she returned home to deal with her life.

David Morgan had many secrets that he had to keep from Megan and the best way to do it, was to make her dislike him, so he puts on the bad-boy act. He felt it, too. The terrible attraction that he’d never had with anyone. But he dare not let her get close. She may learn the truth. But when he thinks he’s lost her for sure, he does the only thing that could bring her back. He writes a song.

Strange events occurred during the summer solstice in Glastonbury. David moved from year 2014 to 1971 through special stones aligned with Stone Henge. Megan followed him one day, thinking, he was hurt when he disappeared behind some stones in the field. What she finds is hard to fathom.

Excerpt:
David moved across to the kitchen window and tipped his coffee dregs into the sink. A movement next door caught his attention. His new neighbor was wandering around in her back garden. He’d dreamed about her all night. He’d been so wired, he’d gotten up early to do some writing. Rose-red lips, jet-black hair, and a body begging to be loved; it was as if she’d bewitched him. The crazy dreams had stayed with him after he had woken up, dreams of touching her and his hands overflowing with her tears even as he held her breasts. She’d stared deep into his eyes and he’d felt as though his soul had been exposed to her. He’d still been thinking about her when she’d appeared on his porch this morning.

But she’d come back over to get her bag, not to connect with him. He’d forgotten all about it, or he would have put it on her porch last night. He’d gotten a jolt in his chest when he’d heard her out there. Despite the crumpled shirt and jeans she looked like something out of a fairy tale. All that tumbling hair and those bright-red lips.

And she had attitude. It was a shame he wasn’t interested. He frowned and shook his head.

I’m not.

My Thoughts: This is a light contemporary romance crossing distance and time. Megan’s love is tinted with teenage idol worship and a powerful magical attraction to Davy. Her love for his music and its hold on her spirit deepens that attraction. Much of the story she feels drugged or confused because of traveling through time, so takes her some time to figure out what is happening to her. The reader knows, Davy knows, but she doesn’t.
Davy, is a man who never lets anyone get close. When they have, it’s always turned out bad. Davy plays the bad boy. That isn’t who he is—it’s meant to get more publicity. His friendship with the band members is genuine and he feels responsible not to rock the boat, and let events happen as they were meant to be.

I could feel how he felt about the lifestyle that was expected of him as a rock star. He disliked it. He only continued because of his love of singing and writing music. It makes me wonder about the actors, actresses and singers we idolize today. How happy are they? How many of them would like to escape as Davy did? Is their escape drugs and alcohol?

I enjoyed the historical glimpses of the lifestyle of the free-spirited 1970’s hippies. It brought back great memories. Those readers who enjoy short contemporary romantic reads with a splash of time travel should enjoy discovering Davy and Megan’s story. ( )
  EileenLina | Feb 24, 2014 |
Hot Rock..........Annie Seaton

This novel is a delightful contemporary romantic story, with a bit of a twist. Traveling from the present to a 1971 rock concert and back pulls you into the story of Megan Miller, doctoral student, and David/Davy Morgan elusive rock star with a bad boy image.

Megan is going to Glastonbury, England to do research for her doctoral thesis on the sociological effect of the music in the 1970's. A dream come true, she is going to an outdoor music festival, and staying in a small cottage on the grounds of the venue. She has spent a long day traveling, and upon landing hears from her brother in law in Australia that she faces a disciplinary hearing which could put her doctorate and career in jeopardy. Realizing it's lies told by a former lover, who was also her colleague, infuriates her, but she refuses to leave England until her research is done. Exhausted both physically and emotionally, she falls asleep on the porch of the cottage when she can't find the key.

Davy Morgan is equally exhausted after practicing with his band and singing his heart out. Looking forward to a large whiskey and relaxation he is startled when he stumbles on a woman, asleep on his porch. He immediately assumes she is a crazed fan, and acts accordingly....rudely. After a short discussion, they both realize she is supposed to be in the cottage next door, Violet cottage and she goes on her way even more convinced she hates men.

Ms. Seaton's descriptions of the town, the atmosphere, scenery and the exotic stones make you feel like you are actually there. The characters, both past and present are fascinating. The danger of slipping back and forth and getting stuck in 1971, or present day add some suspense to the story. Megan and Davy fall in love through time, music and ultimately the fear of losing each other. I enjoyed every page of this novel.

I received this novel from the author for an honest review.
Pat Fordyce ( )
  Pat.Egan.Fordyce | Feb 19, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,298,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible