Clonmac's Bridge by Jeffrey Perren

Clonmac's Bridge

by Jeffrey Perren

841,035,133 (4.5)None

An exciting adventure full of mystery, danger and history, Clonmac's Bridge takes us to several areas of the world, as an archaeologist fights to uncover the truth.

I loved connecting with these characters, while experiencing their enthusiasm and passion for history. With the feisty and independent Mari, and the quirky, passionate Griffon, this story comes to life, and captures you completely. Their swirling relationship was sweet, and I loved the changes Mari went through, as she found a new level of independence from her past and her father.

Jeffrey Perren is a very talented author, easily taking his readers on grand adventures, while teaching them something along the way. This book is a wonderful example of his skills as a storyteller, writer, and history enthusiast.

I would recommend this book to any fan of historical novels - if you think it sounds interesting, then I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I plan on reading it again, several times, and look forward to future books from Mr. Perren.

*I was given an eCopy of this book, from the author, to read in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |
“Clonmac’s Bridge” is a globetrotting thriller featuring an archaeologist who will stop at nothing to solve a historical mystery. Perren cites in a footnote to the story that the tale was inspired by an actual archaeological discovery while all else is fiction. The story is written with a strong sense of authenticity. Perren invites the reader to point out errors that he might have made in the 9th century chapters of the novel. The language, care and invitation to readers speak of an author with a deep investment in history and accuracy of his narrative.

Griffin Clonmac is a well-rounded character. At the start of the story we get a picture of a man who is perhaps a bit wonderful. Too good looking, too charming and too willing to do absolutely anything to find what that which he seeks. As we get to know the character we discover that while he has flaws, Griffin’s challenge is to stay ahead of the people trying to stop him. In order to stay ahead Griffin is canny, quick witted and ideally suited to his challenge. A lessor man wouldn’t stand a chance because Perren isn’t likely to cut this character a break. He may survive by his wits but Griffin has to work to make his story happen and everyone is looking to stop him from those closest to colleagues he’s always despised.

Perren’s plot is information heavy. For this highly detailed story to make sense the reader has to know what Perren knows and the author does so with a skill that doesn’t slow the story. The last third of “Clonmac’s Bridge” barrels to an eventual conclusion without leaving the reader in the dark. There are no stones unturned, no threads untied. Every element is natural, logical and something of a surprise.

If you like thrillers, “Clonmac’s Bridge” is a wonderful and complete read. ( )
  TammyDewhirst | May 17, 2014 |
I like historical mysteries and I also like stories in different centuries. This had both. I'm not sure which was the most intriguing.
Not edge of your seat excitement but so interesting as to make you want to learn more. It is such a shame that it's a work of fiction as I would love to visit the monastery and bridge.
This is the first book I have read by this author but it will not be the last. ( )
  Nis1953 | May 17, 2014 |

Rose.Wallin | Apr 2, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,243,398 books! | Top bar: Always visible