Nowhere but Here: A Novel by Renee Carlino

Nowhere but Here: A Novel

by Renee Carlino

I am not sure what to write about with this story. I will start with the writing. You can tell this book is well thought out. It’s pieced together so well, you can’t help but to get caught up in the story. It isn’t overwhelming or underwhelming. It’s just right.
This book is just how a romance should be. Simple, but with just a little complication thrown in. No overly descriptive sexual situations. No drama queen tendencies. It just is. I really liked that about this book. It is refreshing to read something that is cut and dry.
Now, here is the part where I was not as drawn in as I could be. The relationship between Kate and R.J. happens quickly. Well, it would have to since the timeframe that these two have interaction, but still it’s a bit quick. There wasn’t much build up. They met and bam, they had this intense connection to one another. I saw the hidden identity from the get-go, but I think we are supposed to. By seeing it, it brings a smidge of suspense…. When will she figure it out or he reveal himself to her?
The idea of the self-doubt and recluse lifestyle with both of these characters is very realistic in the sense that we all have those tendencies in us. We can relate to how they feel about themselves, their lives and their privacy.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book just like all of Renee’s other books. If you are looking for more a light read that you can read with ease, this is definitely a book for you. ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
No-recomendado por ᴍɪᴄs *ᴀᴍᴀɴᴛᴇ ᴅᴇ ʟᴏs sᴘᴏɪʟᴇʀs*

Me propongo leer de principio a fin libros considerados "malos". Mi intención es encontrar al menos UNA cualidad buena en ellos y reseñarlos objetivamente siguiendo 20 puntos a desarrollar brevemente. (Los puntos varían según el género del que se trate.)

Si tienen ganas de No-recomendarme otros libros
pueden comentar acá o ACÁ. ¡Cualquier género es bienvenido! Cuanto más variado, mejor :)
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |

"A jaded Chicago reporter in her twenties unexpectedly finds love in Napa Valley when she's assigned to spend a week with a famously reclusive genius in this rich and deeply satisfying contemporary romance by the USA TODAY bestselling author of Sweet Thing. Kate Corbin has lost her spark. A year ago, she had a handsome boyfriend and a budding career as a reporter at a popular Chicago newspaper. But after the woman who raised her passed away, leaving her lost and alone, she fell into a rut--and never got out. Now she's stuck writing fluff pieces about lipstick and wine, and feeling trapped in a relationship that's going nowhere. Trusting that the hungry, ace reporter is buried somewhere deep inside, Kate's boss and mentor gives her the opportunity to jump-start her career. The assignment: spend a week interviewing R. J. Lawson, a famously reclusive tech genius who disappeared years ago but recently reemerged as the owner of a well-respected Napa Valley winery. Kate jumps at the chance, but the trip begins in disaster, both personally and professionally. After alienating R.J., her only saving grace is Jamie, a charming vineyard hand who shows her the beauty of wine country--and stirs her aching heart. It doesn't take long for Kate and Jamie to fall hard, and for Kate to rethink her life in the city. But the week ends with a heartbreaking journey back to Chicago that sends Kate reeling, wondering what went wrong in those four perfect days"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,396,413 books! | Top bar: Always visible