Vanilla Twist (Walk on the Wild Side, #3;…

Vanilla Twist (Walk on the Wild Side, #3; Heather and Tony, #2)

by C. J. Ellisson, C. J. Ellisson

ec (2) romance (1) to-read (6)

This book is a hot steamy read! Loved reading the next chapter to Heather and Tony. Cant wait for more! ( )
  Gemma.Stirnichuk | Mar 10, 2014 |
Vanilla Twist drops you in the middle of Heather and Tony’s on-going relationship. A relationship that originated in Vanilla on Top which I have not yet read – a warning label should be applied. Overall, I was able to still enjoy the story, would have enjoyed more details about aforementioned events.

In contemporary romance I expect certain characteristics in my protagonists, and they must complement each other. While the characteristics may differ depending on circumstances, there are things that I am unwilling to accept as a reader. This is especially true in regards to the hero in the story. Tony Carmine has moments within the story where I felt his actions were less than heroic. The author never crossed the line into unredeemable territory but C.J. Ellisson pushes against the boundary.

This book differed slightly from my usual read – the heroine is the lead. For the majority of the story, regardless of POV, Heather is the focal point. Originally, this felt odd but as the story progressed I discovered that it made for a more realistic telling. She is not your typical self-assured woman but I enjoyed witnessing her the dominant position.

Together, as a couple, they are spectacular; as individuals they are sub-par. He is boorish and her confidence withers.

While the ending cannot be considered a cliffhanger (the storylines are all resolved) – it is also not a true ending.

Disclosure: This book was provided to BBMoreB free of charge for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own. ( )
  BBMoreB | Mar 4, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are interesting and we got to see them grow and change a bit from the first book. We also learn more about them and see that they are not perfect, which makes it easy to relate to them. Everyone just wants someone to love. The twist in the plot definitely added to the story. We got to learn a bit more about each of their pasts (with Portia and Jimmy) and we got to see them actually deal with something instead of being in a little happy (and sexy) bubble. We also learned more about Tony’s family and about Heather’s hobby of photography. I can not wait to see where it all leads in the next book. There are quite a few ‘hot and bothered’ scenes but none of them are way over the top, which I really liked. I feel that if they are over the top then it takes away from the story. With this book, each scene added to the story.
Towards the end of the book, I was wondering how the author was going to tie up the loose ends so quickly. But it all worked out and it had a great cliff hanger, making me excited for the next book.
Overall I can say that I am defiantly enjoying this series and the characters. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a book that has you turning the pages with interest and passion. ( )
  Alisia_Machado | Mar 3, 2014 |
As with the other Ellisson books I’ve read, VANILLA TWIST is sexy, interesting and fun to read. She creates real characters - most you’d like to get to know and some you’d like to slug. The situations are realistic and, in the VANILLA books, completely unique. Tony is hot, flirty and very successful but not full of himself like you’d expect. Heather is like most of us - part accomplished, confident businesswoman and part insecure, inexperienced girl next door. Who, like Heather, hasn’t dreamed of leaving all their hang-ups behind and asserting a new self? Just like Tony, I found Heather’s sometimes aggressiveness, sometimes shyness, very intriguing. It’s fascinating to watch her take control with Tony from their first meeting in VANILLA ON TOP and even more intriguing to watch them go through the fears and worries all new couples experience in VANILLA TWIST. The equality in their relationship allows them to switch things up and enjoy different scenarios, to each be vulnerable at times and dominate at others. The stresses on their new relationship cause them a lot of angst and have the potential to break them apart leaving the reader nail-biting waiting to find out if they can make it through the tough times. These experiences are catalysts to each growing, becoming stronger and better and creating a firmer foundation for their love.

Unlike the plethora of BDSM books on the market lately, these two push some boundaries, try some new things and have a lot of steamy sex but never cross into the harsher world of domination, bondage or other “lifestyles”. Their version of vanilla is most definitely not bland or boring.

I’m highly recommend this book and am looking forward to the next installment in the series.

Rating: 4.5

Heat Rating: Steamy/Sizzling: Sensual, with more explicit love scenes and the language may be more graphic and direct.

Reviewed By: ReadWarrior ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Feb 26, 2014 |
Vanilla Twist is Tony and Heather’s second book in the Wild Side Series and I would suggest reading Vanilla on Top first, but it isn’t totally necessary.
Heather’s growth in the first book meets more challenges as part of her baggage drops in to where she works. I worried that she would fall into the same old habits that she out grew in the first book. It takes a lot of gumption to stand up and keep growing stronger as a woman. Thank goodness she has good friends that keep her eyes focused on the real prize, Tony.
This story, Tony really has to man up and deal with some of his own history. His past shows up and threatens to ruin the budding relationship that Tony and Heather have. At least he has enough sense to know that he really doesn’t want to lose Heather.
Other characters are introduced that would really make interesting novellas, Portia (Tony’s former flame), Marcus and both of Tony’s brothers. I enjoyed reading Vanilla Twist and hope to read more from C. J. Ellisson soon. ( )
  KatrinaH | Feb 10, 2014 |

C. J. Ellissonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ellisson, C. J.main authorall editionsconfirmed

C. J. Ellisson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,397,347 books! | Top bar: Always visible