Tales from Kalwyn I by Matt J Rogers

by Matt J Rogers

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byGunnarGrey

No tags.

Four fantasy short stories with some pretty good writing and storylines, and I enjoyed the read. My only gripes are a) the book's formatting threw in some blank lines every so often, leaving me wondering if any of them were supposed to be scene breaks, and b) the author has a trick of running paragraphs together, with one character's dialogue lines being immediately followed (in the same para) by another character's action. In longer scenes, with lots of dialogue and few tags or beats, that trick can make following conversations difficult.

Neither gripe was enough to interfere with my enjoyment of the stories, so I'll call it four stars regardless. Oh, and the book was free when I downloaded it. ( )
  GunnarGrey | Feb 28, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,306,499 books! | Top bar: Always visible