Waiting For Wren (The Bodyguards Of L.A.…

Waiting For Wren (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #5)

by Cate Beauman

811,035,133 (4)None

As soon as Tucker heard the rustles in the woods, I knew what was coming and I am so POed. The mystery has begun and I wonder where Ethan Security comes in.

Right from the getgo, we have plenty of danger, sexual tension, and verbal foreplay. My anticipation is at a foot tapping, sitting on the edge of my seat level.

Wren is independent. No wonder, her parents might as well have been nonexistent for the attention they paid her. She wasn’t used to being afraid, having a babysitter, and she could do a lot worse than Tucker.

Wren only has one suspect, but I have several. I think I’ve figured it out and if I have, he is truly evil, watching and reveling in her suffering. I wonder if he steps away and laughs. At least Tucker and Ethan, her brother, have not ruled out anyone, but I don’t think they see him…or do they?

Lots of stuff going on and it is torture as I wait for HIM to make his move on her and Wren to let Tucker in.

HE is jealous, determined, on the attack. I hope she doesn’t do the usual and go off without Tucker. She does get the hell out of Dodge, but it is with Tucker, as he takes her to the only safe place he can think of, Park City and the bad memories from his past.

“At some point during the drive from Salt Lake City, Rico Suave vanished and, Broody Bummer Man appeared. She wanted Rico back.”

It’s Cate Beauman’s writing that keeps me coming back for more. I love some humor with my suspense…and romance. We all know it’s coming, but…so far…it’s hands off for both of them, though the dance has begun. How long can she hold out, because one move from her and he’ll be putty in her hands. She can deny the pull as much as she wants, but I know it will win out.

Tucker has his own problems…I love multiple plots and wonder…are they related? Will they come together in the end? Will the mystery that’s haunted Tucker finally be solved and Wren set free at the same time? When’s it coming? I’m waiting…

I love that Cate Beauman makes me wait…Dragging out the suspense on every page. I think doom is coming. This ominous feeling hangs on every word, on every page and I am at 50%, on pins and needles…I can only imagine what evil Cate is bringing my way.

I loved when Wren finally ‘manned up’ and told Laura off. I could picture Wren stomping around the room, cussing her out in Italian…Is she a spitfire or a fireball?

It’s too soon to make life changing plans. Wren needs to stay in Limbo, for now, and I didn’t like this part at 52%.

HE’s getting more and more angry. Stalking is no longer enough. It is time to up the ante.

I do hate, that at 77%, Wren is still running from Tucker, but that is the nature of the romantic suspense beast. Gotta keep that sense of anticipation and fear for the characters at a high level, and Cate Beauman does that in a superb fashion.

I wonder what she has on the table for me next. *rubbing my hands together in eager anticipation*

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Waiting For Wren by Cate Beauman.

To see more visit http://www.fundinmental.com ( )
  sherry69 | Nov 1, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,804,800 books! | Top bar: Always visible