The Recipe by Maisy Dee

by Maisy Dee

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byReviewsbyMolly

No tags.

So, starting off reading this story I was a little nervous of the outcome. I wasn't sure I would be able to get into the story enough to even finish it. But, I am pleased to say that I did read, I did finish it and I did enjoy it! Ms. Dee is superbly talented and has a knack for creating a real-to-life teen drama filled with what if's and romance. Truly a story that all young folks need to read!

Emily and Craig.....young, witty and....in love? These two characters were absolutely touching in my opinion! As I look back on my life, I am finding it hard to truly remember my first love. Oh, I remember his name, I remember how he looked, but I was so into worrying about how I looked to him, how I wanted to be his everything and wanted him to want me for things other than a true relationship was to be about, that I don't really remember all that went on in the relationship. Emily and Craig's relationship has ups, downs and all the angst of a teenage relationship but they were young. They were virgins. But they did what I wish I would have done.....they asked questions. They valued each others opinions. They were carefree. All things that I wished I would have worried about as a teen!

Needless to say, this book ended up being one that I laughed through ,smiled through, and was completely in awe of both characters by the end of the book. Ms. Dee is definitely an author I would recommend to everyone. If you have a teen in your life that is curious about a new romance, then let them read this book.....it will help in so many ways! With ups,downs, laughs and questions, this story is worthy of 4 stars and highest of recommendations! Superbly done, Ms. Dee! ( )
  ReviewsbyMolly | Feb 27, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 147822245X, Paperback)

Craig has pined for Emily since the fourth grade. Imagine his surprise when, at the start of his junior year, he discovers that she has finally noticed him. When Emily returns to school, she finds that her old friend Craig has transformed from a gangly, brace-faced adolescent into a blue-eyed babe who is making her insides tingle. Craig and Emily stir up a sweet and sexy adventure, exploring new recipes both in and out of the kitchen. But when things heat up on New Year's Eve, Craig is not sure he can stand it. Is he man enough for Emily? And what recipes have his closest friends Ryan and John been cooking up without telling him? Will Emily and Craig discover the secret ingredients for friendship, love and intimacy? This isn't really a book about cooking. Recipes, however, are included.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:12 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,409,024 books! | Top bar: Always visible