First (Wrong) Impressions by Krista D. Ball

First (Wrong) Impressions

by Krista D. Ball

This was a free ebook that I truly enjoyed.
Lizzy was very devoted to the homeless and the centre where she worked trying to get donations to help out. She met William Darcy who could prove to be a big donor but they could not get along and were complete opposites.
Looking forward to more work from the author. ( )
  lubazuck | Apr 22, 2014 |
I think you wrote a very touching book about what on around the world. ( )
  Shirley55 | Mar 29, 2014 |
3.25 Stars
A contemporary and light-hearted interpretation of Pride and Prejudice set in Canada. Best part: detailed descriptions of the ins and outs of funding for shelters and working with the homeless; less than best part: some of the characters need just a little more development. Most were likeable, but the reader didn't really cheer for them (except for Luke, I cheered for him all the way through the whole book). Overall, a quick read for NA fans of modern romance.

LT Member Giveaway ( )
  LibStaff2 | Mar 20, 2014 |
This book was so much more than just a cute little love story. There were many real life issues woven throughout the course of the book. Homelessness, hunger, date rape and homophobia were all addressed in the story and the author inserted them so seemlessly that she never appeared to be on a soap box. It was a wonderful way to spend a cold Sunday afternoon. It was nice to read a book set in Canada.
If I had to pick out one thing the story was missing, it would be a twitter speak to English dictionary. There were things I missed because I don't tweet.
I received this book for free in exchange for this honest review. ( )
  lexiesmom | Mar 16, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Krista D. Ball's book First (Wrong) Impressions was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,376,092 books! | Top bar: Always visible