Oranje (The September Series) (Volume 1) by…

Oranje (The September Series) (Volume 1)

by Mr Jack Lusted

721,138,814 (4)None

I initially almost stopped reading this book. But thankfully, something kept me going. I ended up giving it 5 stars for several reasons.

The characters grew on me to the point that I became amazed at their depth and intensity. I couldn't get enough of them. The story, although not your typical sci-fi fare, was intricate and complex. This story is not for the sci-fi reader that is looking for outlandish futuristic stuff. This story is more for those that enjoy a thought provoking somewhat cerebral plot.

Mr. Lusted has crafted a thoughtful plot that has me longing for the next book in the series. Even though I dislike it when an author writes serial novels, I am yearning for book 2 in this series. It is really that good. ( )
  honoliipali | Apr 26, 2014 |
This book is set in a far future where man has spread to the stars and then splintered into fragmented groups. It describes the struggles of a group of very different protagonists to find ways to defend their independent societies and ways of life. The characters are interesting and believable and in time-honored sci-fi tradition there are some new and different science spins. Overall though it is the age-old tale of human struggle to get along and yet maintain independence. It is the first book in a series and I care enough about the characters after this first book to be interested in seeing the follow-up. I would have liked more character development and at times the scene elements seemed a bit forced, but overall a good read. ( )
  Velmeran | Apr 15, 2014 |

Mr Jack Lusted is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,457,145 books! | Top bar: Always visible