To Catch A Creeper by Ellie Campbell

To Catch A Creeper

by Ellie Campbell

206515,329 (4.67)None

Available Kindle Unlimited, but I received one of those free we hope you review it copies. Crouch End Confidential: A Cozy Mystery Collection has 1 Looking for La La 2 To Catch a Creeper 3 Meddling with Murder, a not so cozy cozy collection. Will be looking up more books by her. ( )
  Key_Largo | Jan 31, 2017 |
To Catch A Creeper: A Crouch End Confidential Mystery by Ellie Campbell

Cathy is working for a London ad agency with her best friend Rosa. Things are going good for a while. Then Her husband Declan has a "melt down". Cathy decides to join the neighborhood watch. She tries to catch The Crouch End Creeper, a burglar terrorizing the neighborhood.

Things start to get tough at work, trying to find the creeper is a challenge, dealing with her husband and his moods is exhausting. Cathy is determined to succeed in her job, be supportive of her husband, catch the creeper and be the best Mother she can be.

I really like Cathy, she is not perfect, but she strives to be the best person, friend, wife and Mother. The story is fresh, original, fun and had some laugh out loud moments. Those who like a fun (mystery) read should enjoy To Catch A Creeper: A Crouch End Confidential Mystery. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |
I generally do not read other reviews before writing my own, but in reading “To Catch a Creeper,” by Ellie Campbell, I was so confused, I had to see what others had written. And then I saw it - the words ,”standalone sequel.” Thank goodness these characters and the basic details of their lives had already been introduced before in Campbell’s novel, “Looking for La La.” Starting with the sequel had produced an experience akin to stepping into a room where a rollicking conversation peppered with inside jokes was already well underway. Though I argue the aptness of the adjective“standalone”, I eventually was able to relax and enjoy Campbell’s witty style of writing. The actions and attitudes of the central character, Cath, and those of her entourage of friends and family often required me to put common sense on hold, but such is often the case with British humor, which I tend to adore. While ,To Catch a Creeper,” may not be the most crafty of whodunits (I guessed the identity of the creeper when the character was introduced), it is enjoyable summer beach read. I was slightly awed to learn “Ellie Campbell” is actually the pseudonym for sisters sisters, Pam Burks and Lorraine Campbell. The two construct their books mainly through phone calls and Skype sessions between their respective homes in Reigate, Surrey and Boulder, Colorado. Often, I struggle to put together my own thoughts when I am writing; I cannot imaging trying to merge two minds to develop such a tidy plot with very few loose ends left to niggle at the mind of the reader.
  hopkinshj | May 31, 2014 |
Sister team Pam Burks and Lorraine Campbell have done it again. “To Catch a Creeper” is the best of British comedy. For the reader’s information, the authors gifted this novel to me. I liked the novel so much that immediately after reading, I bought a copy as a gift for a friend. For readers wondering how the authors would progress with the same characters from the wonderfully wacky “Looking for La La,” they do so keeping Cathy in her element while expanding her world.

For those of us who think we know Cathy, “To Catch a Creeper” adds a new dimension. Touted as a woman put together in the wake of the notoriety from her last case, we know Cathy is far from a woman who has all of the boxes of her life ticked. She may not seem to the reader to be a woman to whom a person should turn for help but she inspires confidence from her friends and she simply cannot say no when they embroil here in their complicated lives.

As with “Looking for LaLa,” this novel is written with consistency and flow not indicative of a writing team. The main thrusts of the story have to do with the pregnancy of Cathy’s friend Rosa and the solving of the case of the Crouch End Creeper. This storytelling is delightfully schizophrenic while maintaining the reader’s attention and never leaving us behind. With lines going out everywhere the exaggerated reality of Cathy’s situation had me laughing beginning to end. In many cases, Cathy is truly her own worst enemy.

While it would be a shame for readers not to enjoy the wonderful “Looking for LaLa” before reading “To Catch a Creeper,” it is certainly not necessary to do so. Cathy’s second misadventures work well as a stand-alone read. Pick it up today! ( )
  TammyDewhirst | Apr 4, 2014 |
I had a great time meeting Cathy and her crazy cast of characters in LOOKING FOR LA LA. I was excited to see what entertaining adventure this wonderful group of people would take me on and what sort of shenanigans they would get into. I was not disappointed and enjoyed the new additions to the cast. This is a fun, engaging mystery....it is very funny, but also keeps you on your toes! Such a fan! I can't wait to see what happens next! 4.5 star! ( )
  Mrsmommybooknerd | Mar 23, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,409,517 books! | Top bar: Always visible