Goodnight Darth Vader by Jeffrey Brown

Goodnight Darth Vader

by Jeffrey Brown

198859,376 (3.58)5

Darth Vader is trying to put his twins Luke and Leia to sleep but they have the usual questions and demands of most kids at bedtime. He tells them rhyming stories about droids, wookies, Han Solo, Boba Fett and other familiar Star Wars characters. While this is not great literature, this cute book will be devoured by Star Wars fans, old and young alike, who are continually searching for more books about their favorite characters.

Sharyn H. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.

mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
Didn't get a chance to do the review on this last night. After work last night I stopped over at my parents where my daughters were having their sleep over, and surprised them with this for their goodnight story (I had promised Olivia-Grace we'd get to read the second one). Much like the first one, this was very cute, and a fun light-hearted read before bed for them. (I think this was better than the Darth Vader and Friends one though). The girls definitely enjoyed it, which is the most important part, it had Olivia-Grace and Lily laughing before their bedtime sleepover at Mama and Papa's. ( )
  BenKline | Jan 21, 2017 |
I gotta be honest: I kind of felt like this was written as much for adults (or rather, parental adults) as for kids. Maybe more. It's a hoot and a holler, gently clever and sometimes too true to life. Darth Vader the Dad may be the most dangerous Sith Lord in the Universe, but he's still gotta deal with kids the same as everyone else...or something. ( )
  publiusdb | Jan 10, 2017 |
All of these Star Wars books by Jeffrey Brown are super cute and well drawn. They aren't super funny but they did make me smile a lot.

Probably best given as gifts for the Star Wars fan that has everything! ( )
  Sarah_Buckley | Sep 17, 2016 |
For any tired parent who has tried to put to bed an active child, this book will have a certain appeal, especially for fans of the Star Wars saga. If it reminds you of Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Book, I’m sure that’s just a coincidence. With full color illustrations, this graphic novel will entertain you, even if it doesn’t make you sleepy. ( )
  Maydacat | Jul 28, 2016 |
Yawning is the path to bedtime.

It's bedtime in the Star Wars galaxy, and Darth Vader's parenting skills are tested anew in this delightful follow-up to the breakout New York Times bestsellers Darth Vader™ and Son and Vader's™ Little Princess. In this Episode, the Sith Lord must soothe his rambunctious twins, Luke and Leia—who are not ready to sleep and who insist on a story. As Vader reads, the book looks in on favorite creatures, droids, and characters, such as Yoda, R2-D2, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Darth Maul, Admiral Ackbar, Boba Fett, and many others as they tuck in, yawn, and settle down to dream. As ever, Jeffrey Brown's charming illustrations and humor glow throughout, playing on children's book conventions to enchant adults and kids alike. [retrieved 7/20/2015 from Amazon.com]

"In this Episode, the Sith Lord must soothe his rambunctious twins, Luke and Leia, who are not ready to sleep and who insist on a story. As Vader reads, the book looks in on favorite creatures, droids, and characters, such as Yoda, R2-D2, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Darth Maul, Admiral Ackbar, Boba Fett, and many others as they tuck in, yawn, and settle down to dream"--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,513,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible