The Diplomat: A Justin Hall Novella (Justin…

The Diplomat: A Justin Hall Novella (Justin Hall # 4.5)

by Ethan Jones

Loved it! This is a story that hits the ground running. The short story form, which I don't usually read, lacked a bit of character development just because of its length. This was still a great afternoon read! ( )
  Lschwarzman | Jun 10, 2014 |
I received this Advanced Readers' Copy of The Diplomat through LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review. This novella has Justin Hall, a field agent of the Canadian Intelligence Service in Nigeria. The story is about the freeing of an abducted Canadian diplomat, and contains the action and violence one would expect in such a tale, along with the conscience one expects from a Canadian protagonist. I enjoyed the story, which was an easy read. Although a novella leaves some character development to be desired, I assume that readers of the Justin Hall series will be satisfied. I have not read Ethan Jones' novels, but I will be doing so now. ( )
  toastytoesthebear | Apr 25, 2014 |
Typical of a James Bond Plot. But interesting never the less. We have Justin Hall as our Hero wwith Good Looking (of course) Carrie as Justins Partner. She was his right habd man at the CIA. The adventure and plot keep you interested till the end carmenmaranda ( )
  Carmenmaranda | Apr 24, 2014 |
The Diplomat
by Ethan Jones

We join our main character,special agent Justin Hall, in Lagos, Nigeria, where he is on assignment to rescue a high level Canadian diplomat. Hall is the natural to be assigned this case; his success rate with these types ops is one of the best in the business. But four months have passed since the kidnapping and Hall has yet to prove himself.

This was my first Ethan Jones book and I am happy to say I was not disappointed. His writing style in fast paced, descriptive, multidimensional and intriguing. He has a great balance of spy/mystery/secret agent without bogging the reader down with pages of boring details.

The Diplomat was a novella therefore we saw an abbreviated plot development. This will likely frustrate some of Jones' fans who no doubt feast on his full length novels. Play nice children, there are many of his novels from which to choose!

As for myself I do indeed plan on reading more of Mr. Jones' work. ( )
  Books4Nana | Mar 16, 2014 |
I received a Kindle version of this book for free on LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review.

This story was well written and captivating. However, when I was done, it felt like something was missing. It seemed like there should be more to the story, as if it was part of a bigger story and plot that was unknown. This is the only book by this author I have read so far. So, it is possible that reading all the other stories about this character would make this story more satisfying to me. Otherwise, the characters and plot were interesting. I appreciated the lack of “fluff” that is often contained in other spy stories. Other than the mentioned frustration, I think this is an excellent spy story, so I will still give it 4 stars as a standalone book. I am interested in reading the other books about the character to see if it gives me the bigger picture that seemed missing from just reading this short book. ( )
  snik | Mar 3, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,407,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible