Point of Direction by Rachel Weaver

Point of Direction

by Rachel Weaver

OVERALL I liked it. Quick 1 day read. I think it was great to read this during the beginning of the winter season. I am trying to embrace the winter season, and find beauty in it, so it is not that miserable! This was a wakeup call for me, and a reminder that I am NOT able to survive a week in Alaska. I love the descriptions of the winter world in Alaska, the lighthouse, the scenery, the directions on how to survive.
So why so low of a rating... WELL I thought you would never ask!
I loved it loved it until......... That "love story" portion.
Let me get this straight, I really don't enjoy much romance in my novels, UNLESS it is a Victorian Gothic Romance of the same level of Daphne Du Maurier.
This was no Du Maurier.. This was that abusive crap relationship that you find in teenybopper books akin to 50 shades of bullsht. ugh!
Your male character turned into that stereotypical a$$hole man who thinks he can treat women badly and they will bow down and take them back no matter how badly they act.
NOPE. That crap stops in the new millennium. I wont tolerate it in real life or in my literature.
Throw him overboard into the icy waters honey, you don't need him.... NEXT! ( )
  XoVictoryXo | Jun 28, 2017 |
Local author writes engagingly of Alaska.
  laflibrary | Sep 5, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 193543991X, Paperback)

An ABA Indies Introduce Pick!

Hitchhiking her way through Alaska, a young woman named Anna is picked up by Kyle, a fisherman. Anna and Kyle quickly fall for one another, as they are both adventurous, fiercely independent, and in love with the raw beauty and solitude of Alaska. To cement their relationship, they agree to become caretakers of a remote lighthouse perched on a small rock in the middle of the deep channel—a place that has been uninhabited since the last caretaker mysteriously disappeared two decades ago. What seems the perfect adventure for these two quickly unravels, as an uncertain danger lurking in the surrounding waters, as well as painful secrets from their pasts, threatens to end their relationship . . . and maybe even their lives! A psychological thriller set against the cold, rugged landscape of coastal Alaska, Point of Direction is an exquisite and striking literary debut.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:28 -0400)

"An ABA Indies Introduce Pick! Hitchhiking her way through Alaska, a young woman named Anna is picked up by Kyle, a fisherman. Anna and Kyle quickly fall for one another, as they are both adventurous, fiercely independent, and in love with the raw beauty and solitude of Alaska. To cement their relationship, they agree to become caretakers of a remote lighthouse perched on a small rock in the middle of the deep channel-a place that has been uninhabited since the last caretaker mysteriously disappeared two decades ago. What seems the perfect adventure for these two quickly unravels, as an uncertain danger lurking in the surrounding waters, as well as painful secrets from their pasts, threatens to end their relationship. and maybe even their lives! A psychological thriller set against the cold, rugged landscape of coastal Alaska, Point of Direction is an exquisite and striking literary debut. "--"A young couple's painful, buried past is brought to the surface when they become the caretakers of an abandoned lighthouse"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible