Never Been Kissed by Molly O'Keefe

Never Been Kissed

by Molly O'Keefe

Series: Boys of Bishop (July 2014, book 2)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a copy of this novel through Early Reviewers some time ago and kept putting it off because I couldn't quite find myself rooting for any of the characters as much as I'd hoped, however over this last school semester I picked it up again and found myself enjoying it much more than i did before. There were a few moments that dragged on just a touch too long, but still a great read to pass the time with. Molly O'Keefe is definitely an author I'll look forward to in the future! ( )
  RJGonzales | May 2, 2017 |
Another good one from Molly O'Keefe in her Boys of Bishop series. Although part of a series this can most definitely be read stand alone. The backdrop of the story is a small town in the south and the writing makes the town and the characters come to life. It's a great place for a NY political socialite to hide out and heal. It's a great story dealing with past hurts and forging new futures and realizing everyone deserves happy. I highly recommend this one. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
I have found some of O’Keefe’s other novels to be unpleasantly dark, with overly angry and resentful sex. This one strikes, to my taste, a more pleasant balance. There’s enough edginess to make it interesting but not so much angriness. ( )
  jholcomb | Oct 14, 2015 |
I received this free eARC from Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review.

This was an okay novel. There were parts I enjoyed, especially when Brody and Ashley were in Bishop and living in the space above the bar, but then other times I thought the story dragged on. But then again, I'm not into politics, so when Ashley's family was part of the story and talking about image and doing the "right thing" for Harrison's campaign I about barfed. Not my thing.

Overall I enjoyed it. Definitely won't read it again but it was a nice one-timer. I would definitely recommend this to people interested in a little bit of politics, otherwise the reader might become bored in some parts like I did. ( )
  JeracaFite | May 9, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I reviewed this book for early book reviewers. It was longer than I usually enjoy reading but I kept with it. The author did a good job of portraying the feelings of the characters. It also depicts small town living. ( )
  marciablnc | Nov 22, 2014 |

Molly O'Keefeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Andreozzi, LynnCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marinesco, ClaudioCover Photographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Chapter 1
Cook's Bay, Moorea, Polynesian Islands
August 4, 2013

For a man of few words Brody Baxter hated silence.

As the daughter of a wealthy politician, Ashley Montgomery has had enough of her parents' expectations for her future and is going her own way, volunteering to work at a refugee camp in Africa. But her act of charity turns dangerous when she takes a boat trip and is abducted by Somali pirates. Enter Brody Baxter, who was a bodyguard for the Montgomery family ten years ago and doesn't think twice about coming to Ashley's rescue. Handsome and tough, Brody has always done what needed to be done. So he swoops in, saves Ashley, and brings her to a place where she can rest and recuperate without the glare of the press and her demanding family: Brody's small hometown of Bishop, Arkansas. But Ashley soon realizes that she's not the only one in need of healing. Holed up with Ashley in a tiny apartment over his brother's bar in Bishop, Brody is tempted and torn in ways he never anticipated. Beautiful Ashley, vibrant despite her ordeal, fearless enough to love him beyond his wall of self-punishment, is now determined to save him. But with a little faith and a lot of love, they just may find happiness in each others' arms.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Molly O'Keefe's book Never Been Kissed was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,408,693 books! | Top bar: Always visible