Held by the Hand of God: Why am I Alive by…

Held by the Hand of God: Why am I Alive

by Joe Laws

332,001,085 (3.67)None

No tags.

The author's experience is a bit different from the majority of the material I have read on near death experiences. However each near death experience is different in it's own but all carry a central theme about heaven. The author's experience also has that theme. That there is life beyond this physical realm and that heaven is a place of love and joy that is unspeakable and beyond earthly description. Though what the author went through medically and the recovery of it is very important for understanding of what he went through I would of liked to see more about the actual experience. ( )
  Altarasabine | Mar 12, 2014 |
What Do You Believe?

This definitely is a different story from other books that I have read regarding dying and going to Heaven. While I would never say this couldn’t happen I am having a hard time with some of the things the author has written.

We all are not guaranteed that we are going to Heaven. It is much more than loving others, and being kind. If it were that simple we wouldn’t need a Savior, Jesus Christ. He wouldn’t have had to go to the Cross and die for our sins. We could simply live life as we saw fit because after all we would go to Heaven no matter what.

Those who believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, died on the Cross, rose from the Grave, and is now sitting on the right hand of God will have a place in Heaven. We are saved by Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Christ alone. It is just that simple. ( )
  passionforbooks | Mar 8, 2014 |
In this small book Joe Laws details the events following his fall from a roof and the resulting life-threatening injuries he suffered. It’s a story told in the language of everyday conversation, as if you were sitting with Joe, listening to him recount the details of his experience . . . a telling he calls writing “the way I talk.”

Joe is sharing his story, he says, to help others know that God and heaven are real. He reveals to the reader how he was literally held by the hand of God and experienced heaven’s deep and abiding love. His descriptions are so vivid, you almost feel as if you are experiencing it with him.

Despite being a story of love and of good people working together to help others, it is not an easy story that he tells. It’s a story of frightening events and horrific injuries, a story of fear and of fighting back to recover.

It’s also a story that quite literally takes your breath away, one that brings tears to your eyes, confirms your belief, and makes you smile at the thought that one day you, too, will be held by the hand of God.

Highly recommended. ( )
  jfe16 | Mar 6, 2014 |

"It's just not your time yet, Little Joe..."

Lifted by the hand of God to his personal heaven, Joe Laws didn't want to hear those words. He had just died. His body was broken and bleeding. Yet, he was having more fun than he'd ever had in life. But the words were firm, if gentle, and he was soon back in his body.

"Why am I alive?" he wondered. Joe shares his unique trip to heaven and what he learned from it. His amazing recovery is a medical miracle. Dr. Richard Miller, Chief of Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Trauma Unit, daringly innovated with titanium strips to save Joe's life.

Joe Laws is a fun-loving guy with a deeply ingrained work ethic, family values, and a raucous sense of humor. Joe's journeys between earth and heaven will comfort and inspire as he shares the certainty that we are all Held by the Hand of God.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:31 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,478,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible