Vampire (Vlad V Book 1) by Mit Sandru

Vampire (Vlad V Book 1)

by Mit Sandru

117820,536 (4)None

First off, this was a quick read. It's only eighty-two pages. Easy to read in about an hour or two. The synopsis is what drew me into reading the book in the first place (without knowing that it was short). However, the book wasn't as exciting as I'd thought it would be. It's okay, it kept me reading the book, but at the same time I felt that the story lacked a story. It felt like I was being told the story, rather than being shown it. The story was mostly a one sided conversation, learning about this vampire and his life. The ending was sort of sudden. To me, it is a good concept that could be fleshed out more. This may very well be the case for the subsequent books in the series and that the intention of this book is to just draw you in and want you to dig into more. At this time, however, the following books in the series are not on my to be read list. ( )
  cassiejay | Aug 17, 2016 |
This book was a pretty easy read, I was able to read all of it within an hour and in one sitting. In all honesty, when I read the description, I though I was going to like this book, but once I started reading it, I was disappointed. I didn't feel any connection to either characters, there was no character development or any type of relationship established between the two characters until it was too late. I found the characters to not be as interesting and very bland. I really wanted to like this book too because it had such a good thought behind it. Throughout the book, Vlad is just telling her stories about his past, but they didn't seem as emotional as one's memories are, it seemed as if he disconnected himself from them. Then, when we are told of their relationship, it sort of peaks your interest, but then the book ends. I felt like it ended way too soon. I am interested to find out what happens to our female lead, Cat, in the later books. Hopefully, the story gets better, because it was starting to pick up my interest there at the last few pages. I would recommend this book to young middle school kid who wants to transition from reading kid books in elementary school to more age appropriate books. ( )
  LydiaMarie23 | Jul 20, 2016 |
I enjoyed the story and the spin on the origin of Vlad. It was a short story which made it easy to read, but I wish that it had been expanded and had a smoother feel. It was an interesting and new way to approach the subject of vampires and did make me want to read more. They way the book was written do not feel smooth and felt more like a rough draft than a finished product. ( )
  Rosalie1998 | Jul 16, 2016 |
Simple, but a page-turner nonetheless. The length reminds me of Chapter-a-Day on NPR.
So, the story is alluded to in the publisher's blurb, think of it as a storyteller's tale of alternate history, and it's all very civilized by this point in history.
Very smoothly written, with a twist, and I enjoyed it very much! The others in the series sound fascinating, and I plan to get them, too. ( )
  jetangen4571 | Jul 10, 2016 |
I just love reading this book. My favorite paranormal creature is a vampire followed by werewolves. Recommend this book to paranormal readers. ( )
  staciew30 | Jul 5, 2016 |

Meeting a vampire isn’t something that happens every night, even on the New York City subway. But never in her wildest dreams did Cat ever expect to meet a vampire or survive an encounter with one. Instead, she became his confidant. Why was she so lucky?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:38 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Mit Sandru's book Vampire (Vlad V) was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,546,772 books! | Top bar: Always visible