Biscuit Loves the Library (My First I Can…

Biscuit Loves the Library (My First I Can Read)

by Alyssa Satin Capucilli

Biscuit Loves the Library by Alyssa Satin Capucilli is a wonderful children’s story. It is a fiction story about a dog named biscuit who loves going to the library. He loves the puppet shows and different books to read. The librarian helps him find the perfect activity. This is a must read for young children especially when they are just beginning to read. ( )
  mer_482 | Apr 13, 2017 |
~ borrowed from Library

BISCUIT LOVES THE LIBRARY is at the early First Grade Reading Level. There are 137 words.

"It's Read to a Pet Day!" So girl and Biscuit are off to the library. The library environment is shown as well as other animals that can be pets. It's hard for me not to like this book as it is so Library Friendly.

Besides doing it's service as a primer for newish readers, this book can be used with younger children to show them what to expect when they visit a library. In the artwork we see book baskets, books on shelves, various reading areas, as well as puppets and earphones. The girl points out that the library has audio materials so they can listen to stories.

It's a bit strange to see a fireplace at the library, but I'm sure some library somewhere has one. The only other thing you might have to explain is that they are unlikely to encounter pets. (Though our library does have a good sized turtle.) ( )
  PamFamilyLibrary | Sep 3, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061935069, Paperback)

It's Read to a Pet Day at the library! There are so many fun things to see and do! Biscuit plays with story-time puppets, visits with friends, and listens to recorded books. Before he goes, a librarian helps him find the activity that he loves most of all.

Biscuit Loves the Library is a My First I Can Read book, which means it's perfect for shared reading with a child. The easy-to-read, joyful tale of Biscuit—everyone's favorite little yellow puppy—will help cultivate a love of books and libraries in children who are learning to read.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:00 -0400)

On "Read to a Pet Day" at the library, Biscuit plays with story time puppets, visits with friends, and listens to recorded books before a librarian helps him discover his favorite acivity of all.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,938,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible