Circle in the Sand by Lia Fairchild

Circle in the Sand

by Lia Fairchild

204515,329 (4.67)None

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google

Circle in the Sand is an extraordinary story about ordinary people. The idea of childhood friends keeping their friendship alive as their lives took them in different directions appealed to me.

I like the writing style which gives a first person perspective from each of the four main characters Emily, Jax, Ned and Sage. The informality allows you to connect with the characters immediately so you feel less that you are reading the story and more like you're on the fringes of their lives watching them progress.

What make this a five star story for me are the characters that range from stay at home mum to career woman with Jax adding the quirky dimension. Ned is remarkable because of the relationship he has with the women. Their ordinariness makes them special you can empathise because you can visualise yourself in their situations.

The conflicts were often unexpected and always well explained and helped illuminate the character/s they affected. The plot possessed the necessary twists and although I guessed some of them it didn't detract from the reading experience.

A Circle in the Sand is a lovely tale of enduring friendship and sweet romance.

I received a copy of this e-book from the author in return for an honest review. ( )
  jane.hunt.509511 | Nov 18, 2014 |
I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review.
Circle in the Sand was a beautiful story of life-long friendship and family. This story also shows how you don't have to have the same blood to be considered family-family are the ones who are always there for us when we need them. I loved the writing style of this book-hearing the story from each friend. This story was heart-felt, funny, and intriguing. I could absolutely relate to the characters and their lives. Lia made this story come alive. It made me think of my life-long girlfriends who have always been there for me and made me appreciate them even more. This story should NOT be MISSED! A must-read! You will not be disappointed! ( )
  BookaholicBanter | Nov 6, 2014 |
recommended by Philomena
  Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |
I loved the premise of the story; four points of view, four friends each at a crossroads in their lives and the potential for their friendship to move in very different directions.

The story flows very well with each character bringing their own spin on events, both past and present, ensuring that the tale moves at a good pace. By the end of the book I felt like I was part of the circle and my only disappointment was that I wanted to know more about each character and I wanted them to be my friends too. I particularly loved that each character was so different; I felt like I knew a version of Jax, Emily, Sage and even Ned in my own life and I could identify with each and every one.

I loved this book and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an enjoyable, easy read. *****

BibiPaterson | May 6, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,419,124 books! | Top bar: Always visible