A Plague of Angels by John Patrick Kennedy

A Plague of Angels

by John Patrick Kennedy

The Descended

First off let me say this book is fairly long and will offend some, if not most Christians. Nyx, a fallen angel, and queen of Hell is spending her days torturing souls and dwelling on the "word of God." This is just the beginning of a story of amazing detail with strange creatures and unimaginable wars between Hell, Heaven, and those on Earth.

It's fast paced, so it's easy to miss key information. I recommend reading over each paragraph thoroughly and keeping up with each issue as they arise. There is so much substance to this book, I could not possibly hit every one to give you a complete understanding of what this book is about, you will have to open it up and see for yourself.

I can say its imaginative with battles that do not just portray white and black areas, revealing all the grey areas in-between. It's elaborate, and the characters are described to a sense of believable nature. Of course, the cover immediately drew me in, and had me compelled to begin this book. I would rate this book at a 5/5. ( )
  lizasarusrex | Sep 2, 2014 |
First off, I will take the liberty to forewarn you that this book is definitely not for the weak-hearted and who has frail and wavering Christian faith.

This is certainly one of the books that could cause sensationalism because of the unbelievable depiction of every war and battles in human history, as well as the incredible story line about the Son of God as one of the bad guys. The author did a very good job in creating an intricate story, which could keep you hanging on the edge of your seats and makes your mind run wild in anticipation for what will happen in every page. The characters are artistically sculpted to fit into their persona, making it realistic and yet astonishing. There may be too much sex and carnage, but personally, I think it is essential to describe the havoc and cruelty caused by Dark Angels. Another thing that amazes me is how detailed the story is written, despite its difficult context.

This may be beyond the usual supernatural/paranormal thriller we are used to, which makes it even more interesting to read. I personally couldn’t wait for the next book in this series. I would recommend this to everyone who wants more than the usual, as long as they’re strong enough to take on the sex and gore. (And terrifying dreams!) ( )
1 vote gnicolas | Mar 9, 2014 |

Nyx is the ruler of the banished Angels. When her flock returns home, she's stuck on Earth with none other than the Son of God.

Surprisingly, God's son tells her he was tricked into sacrificing himself for a cause he doesn't believe in - mankind's redemption. As his mortal body dies, the Son of God offers the Queen of Hell a paradise on Earth if she completes a single mission: helping him obliterate humanity.

Nyx launches a thousand-year campaign of violence, sex, and betrayal to force God's people to worship her instead. From the back streets of Jerusalem to the Pope's bedchamber, Nyx and her companions work to destroy the worshippers of God.

What Nyx doesn't realize is that her arrangement with God's son isn't as simple as it seems. The Son of God has plans that nobody will see coming...

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

John Patrick Kennedy's book Plague of Angels was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

John Patrick Kennedy is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,143,513 books! | Top bar: Always visible