Edna in the Desert by Maddy Lederman

Edna in the Desert

by Maddy Lederman

121768,668 (4)None

Edna In The Desert certainly was a hit. I was able to relate to the main character, not because I was like her, but because I have been graced with children like her in my life. That whole 'chip on the shoulder - smart aleck' attitude grows tiresome very quickly but there is always a reason behind it and it is usually not what you'd expect. Once the layers of Edna are peeled away and her heart is revealed, you see a glistening of hope there. She comes a long way in the book and I'd like to read the rest of her story.
My favorite character is Grandma. Strong and rather stoic, she carries on, taking Edna for the summer. She can usually see right through Edna, and does what's best for her without too much of a fuss. Edna is used to being able to debate and manipulate people and situations to get what she wants. She is stumped by Grandma.
It is definitely something I would have enjoyed as a young teen because of the relationship Edna has with Johnny - the crush on the older boy. I was given a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. I would recommend it. ( )
  TinaMarieSays | Jul 9, 2014 |

Edna is a precocious trouble-maker wreaking havoc at her Beverly Hills school. Her therapist advocates medication, but her parents come up with an alternative cure: Edna will spend the summer in the desert with her grandparents. Their remote cabin is cut off from cell phone service, Internet and television. Edna naturally finds this arrangement unacceptable. She’s determined to rebel until she meets an older local boy and falls in love for the first time. How can she get to know him from the edge of nowhere?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:34 -0400)

Edna is a precocious trouble-maker wreaking havoc at her Beverly Hills school. Her therapist advocates medication, but her parents come up with an alternative cure: Edna will spend the summer in the desert with her grandparents. Their remote cabin is cut off from cell phone service, Internet and television. Edna naturally finds this arrangement unacceptable. She's determined to rebel until she meets an older local boy and falls in love for the first time. How can she get to know him from the edge of nowhere?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,447,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible