Desperately Ever After by Laura Kenyon

Desperately Ever After

by Laura Kenyon

This book was a bit slow for me to get into during the first quarter of the book. I found myself putting it down a few times. I'm not sure if it was because the opening scene (involving Belle) wasn't appealing to me or if I just had to get used to the playful tone of the story, but it didn't completely grab my attention till a quarter of the way through. But once things started to pick up, I was hooked. I couldn't put it down.

There were quite a lot of funny parts that had me snickering. I fell in love with the characters, even the supporting ones who popped up here and there. Cinderella's parts of the story were definitely my favorite out of the three. I was pleasantly surprised about Ethan and the mystery involving his identity. This whole story was wrapped up nicely in the end and had me wanting more.

Overall, I had a lot of fun reading this book and would recommend it to fairytale oficionados. I'm looking forward to the sequel! ( )
  IreneQueen | Mar 16, 2014 |

As children, we liked to believe that after every fairytale princess married her handsome prince and she lived happily for many years, but what if that were not the case? In a fictional New York City, Belle finds her former-beast of a husband is still something of a beast so she turns to her best friends, Cinderella, Rapunzel, and Penelopea, only to find her fellow princesses are having troubles of their own.… (more)

Laura Kenyon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,423,969 books! | Top bar: Always visible