A Great Sage and a Rascal Named Doku: A Book…

A Great Sage and a Rascal Named Doku: A Book on Health, Wealth and Success

by Vivek Rajan Vivek

322,001,085 (4.67)None
Recently added byRFBrost, DianneDHarman, Jennifer35k

I loved it! I learn best when something is in the form of a story and this is a wonderful learning vehicle. I've studied Eastern concepts for many years, including owning yoga studios, and teaching internationally, so I feel I'm well qualified to judge a book in this genre. I've read hundreds of them, if not thousands, and this is one of the best I have read on the subject.
The simplicity of the story allows the reader to enter in at whatever level he or she is at. You just feel good when you finish it. The concepts in the book are not new, but the author presents them in such a way that you feel the journey may be a lot easier than you thought it was going to be.
The author is to be applauded for writing something that can be read merely on the surface level or at a much deeper level. Truly, Doku is Everyman. When he makes it, there's hope for all of us. Bravo! Well Done! ( )
  DianneDHarman | Sep 14, 2014 |
This book is perhaps one of the most original and unique reads that I have read in a long time. It is a book filled with vast amounts of metaphors and symbols that draw a picture of simplicity. It is a story about a man named Doku and his journey toward a life of happiness and peace. He is a person that seeks inner calmness and questions why he cannot succeed in everyday transactions. On his journey of enlightenment the readers learn that in order for Doku to truly be happy he must accept himself for who he is. If Doku cannot love himself than he cannot love another. This book was a challenge for me in many ways. It was both a step in the opposite direction of what I normally read or think about in everyday life. I found myself appreciating what the author was writing about and found myself agreeing with just about everything. I believe the author had a very important message for the reader and that is of self-respect. There were portions of the book that were a little more challenging to read, but I managed to pull through and I am glad I did. I do think a couple sections were a little slow, but I still find value in the book. I want to thank both the author and goodreads for sending this book to me. I really appreciate the opportunity to read something different and I plan on passing it on to someone else. ( )
  Jennifer35k | Mar 1, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,189,032 books! | Top bar: Always visible