Elements: A Collection of Speculative…

Elements: A Collection of Speculative Fiction

by Suzanne Church

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Deeply thought provoking, beautiful stories. This collection provides a varied view of the art of the storyteller. Unique voices and compelling plots make this a must read. If you enjoy science fiction and fantasy, this just may wind up on a list of favorite reads. It reminded me of the work of Connie Willis, which is high praise indeed. ( )
1 vote ficmuse | Dec 26, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It may be review copy, but EDGE logos is EVERYWHERE. Pdf is all pictures so I cannot even read on any ereader device. I cannot read any book on monitor.

As a result, one star. I need file in form I can actually read! Considering apparently paranoia, I'm pretty sure that bought for version isn't much better. ( )
  xxcoder | Dec 11, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
*Elements* is billed as a collection of "speculative fiction." I'm not entirely sure what makes it such as opposed to a sci-fi-fantasy collection, which is what I'd call it, but no matter. This is a collection of fairly short — some quite short — stories in a variety of moods that range from the whimsical to the bleak. As with any collection, there are bound to be some items that appeal to a reader more than others. I tend to favor the whimsical myself, and so the "Couch Teleporation Universe" mini-series stands out as the best of the lot for me. Most of the stories I enjoyed, however, as an assortment of bite-sized pieces of ... well, of speculation, if you like. Good stuff. ( )
  baroquem | Dec 9, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
enjoyed this greatly! recommended it to a few friends and family! ( )
  SummerABurns | Nov 24, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I generally don't enjoy short story books so this was a pleasant surprise. I have already recommended it to a friend and look forward to Church's future works.
  sraedi | Oct 28, 2014 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Suzanne Church's book Elements: A Collection of Speculative Fiction was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,110,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible