Cougar's Mate (Heart of the Cougar)…

Cougar's Mate (Heart of the Cougar) (Volume 1)

by Terry Spear

811,035,133 (5)None

~ 5 Cougar Stars ~

Cover is awesome and sexy! Very attractive and inviting.

I love it when I find a book I can't put down even though I know I need to; because it’s so late. Cougar’s Mate is one of thous amazing book’s that you just can't put down until you have finished. What an astonishing beginning to a wonderful new series by [a:Terry Spear|421434|Terry Spear|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1375905319p2/421434.jpg]. She has created a fascinating world full of fun characters, adventure, suspense and passion. I can’t tell you enough how much I enjoy Ms. Spear's writing style and the easy flow, the character development and the plot. I am such a fan of Terry Spear and was blown away by her new series Heart of the Cougar.

Now onto Cougar’s Mate:

So many things happen once you open the first page. Ms. Spear throws us into Shannon’s life. She is a strong woman determined to survive. She has made some bad decisions in the boyfriend department as well as had a difficult life growing up which has lead to her not trusting easily and wanting to just be loved, but it always seams to be out of her reach. I enjoyed her strong and feisty personality as well her character development and growth throughout the book. Chase (fan myself) is a very sexy man with a sad past that will make anyone cry. He try’s to be a loner running his wilderness inn, but all his friends won’t let him. He works as a part time deputy which ends up getting him into an interesting situation. When Shannon and Chase meet for the first time it’s not in a normal way, no that would be to easy. (If you want to know what happens you’ll just have to read and find out.) Of course all his friends kept bringing up how a feisty she-cat got the better of him.

I really loved the Cougar run town of Yuma. We usually don’t see a lot of cat shifter run towns. I found this to be refreshing. It was also sweet to see how they helped each other out and how very open and welcoming they where to Shannon. The chemistry between Shannon and Chase is off the charts. It grows throughout the book and it’s not until half way through that they finally hit the sheets. I like a story with a great plot and time for the romance to come together; before we are off to the bedroom. I also loved all the secondary characters that are introduced in this book. I am looking forward to their stories and learning more about them. We get suspense, adventure, passion and so much more that Cougar’s Mate will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Note: We get a sneak peek of book 2 Call of the Cougar at the end of Cougar’s Mate, so more is coming. YA!

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of the book from Author Terry Spear in exchange for an honest review. This review is my own opinion and not a paid review.

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |

Terry Spear is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,553,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible