Flesh and Blood: A Scarpetta Novel by…

Flesh and Blood: A Scarpetta Novel (2014)

by Patricia Cornwell

English (31)  Danish (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All (34)
Not one of Cornwell's better thrillers. Flesh and Blood has less mortuary science and more chase of the bad 'guy'. Slow to progress till that last two chapters. ( )
  jnechiporenio | Jan 25, 2017 |
Gotta give it zero stars since I won a copy in the Jan 5, 2016 contest and it's now 8 months later and I still have not received my copy. Will likely change the rating after I receive the book and have a chance to read it. ( )
  mandersj73 | Sep 3, 2016 |
Awesome book. I love reading Patricia Cornwall. It's fantastic. ( )
  staciew30 | Jun 13, 2016 |
Good read, predictable if you've read the entire series in order, but not boring. My concern is that I saw shades of the angry Cornwell from the middle of the series and I hope that it was actually part of a particular character and not a resurrection of that style of writing. This was one of the few occasions with a series that I was glad I did not have the next book in the house, otherwise I would have started it right then. ( )
  debavp | Jun 11, 2016 |
I have read most of the books and liked most of them. But after book #21, I gave up on this series. Why did I then read book #22? The same characters: Scarpetta, Benton, Lucy and Marino--all acting the same and with a different plot. It's got quite a fun twist at the end. But, SCUBA diving? I'll wait for a few months before the next dose of Scarpetta. ( )
  buffalogr | May 13, 2016 |
A Staci

It’s Dr. Kay Scarpetta’s birthday, and she’s about to head to Miami for a vacation with Benton Wesley, her FBI profiler husband, when she notices seven pennies on a wall behind their Cambridge house. Is this a kids’ game? If so, why are all of the coins dated 1981 and so shiny they could be newly minted? Her cellphone rings, and Detective Pete Marino tells her there’s been a homicide five minutes away. A high school music teacher has been shot with uncanny precision as he unloaded groceries from his car. No one has heard or seen a thing.

In this 22nd Scarpetta novel, the master forensic sleuth finds herself in the unsettling pursuit of a serial sniper who leaves no incriminating evidence except fragments of copper. The shots seem impossible, yet they are so perfect they cause instant death. The victims appear to have had nothing in common, and there is no pattern to indicate where the killer will strike next. First New Jersey, then Massachusetts, and then the murky depths off the coast of South Florida, where Scarpetta investigates a shipwreck, looking for answers that only she can discover and analyze. And it is there that she comes face to face with shocking evidence that implicates her techno genius niece, Lucy, Scarpetta’s own flesh and blood.

"#1 New York Times bestselling author Patricia Cornwell delivers the next enthralling thriller in her high-stakes series starring Kay Scarpetta--a complex tale involving a serial sniper who strikes chillingly close to the forensic sleuth herself.It's Dr. Kay Scarpetta's birthday, and she's about to head to Miami for a vacation with Benton Wesley, her FBI profiler husband, when she notices seven pennies on a wall behind their Cambridge house. Is this a kids' game? If so, why are all of the coins dated 1981 and so shiny they could be newly minted? Her cellphone rings, and Detective Pete Marino tells her there's been a homicide five minutes away. A high school music teacher has been shot with uncanny precision as he unloaded groceries from his car. No one has heard or seen a thing.In this 22nd Scarpetta novel, the master forensic sleuth finds herself in the unsettling pursuit of a serial sniper who leaves no incriminating evidence except fragments of copper. The shots seem impossible, yet they are so perfect they cause instant death. The victims appear to have had nothing in common, and there is no pattern to indicate where the killer will strike next. First New Jersey, then Massachusetts, and then the murky depths off the coast of South Florida, where Scarpetta investigates a shipwreck, looking for answers that only she can discover and analyze. And it is there that she comes face to face with shocking evidence that implicates her techno genius niece, Lucy, Scarpetta's own flesh and blood"--… (more)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Patricia Cornwell's book Flesh and Blood was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,642,155 books! | Top bar: Always visible