Holding on to Hope by Sid Love

Holding on to Hope

by Sid Love

312,001,085 (4)None

This book takes the reader on one hell of an emotional ride as they follow best friends Leslie and Brad on a mission to find the guy Brad met the night before. The two learn things about the world that no mortal should ever come face to face with.
This is the first book by Sid Love I've read, and while the storyline is beautiful, the shortness of the piece left me wanting quite a bit. It seemed it was rather rushed in places, that could have been slowed enough so the reader could adjust to the scene without being flung so quickly into another.
I'm generally not a big lover of the short story genre, but I've read at least one that was far shorter than this one that was so beautifully written, it was a full length novel in it's less than twenty pages. This book didn't do that for me. It left me with more than one question that could have easily been answered with the addition of another paragraph or two where needed. The biggest question I can't even voice because it would spoil things for those that haven't read this book yet.
I didn't find any errors though, which is always a plus in my book. The piece was flawlessly written in the editing department. I found no formatting issues either.
All in all, the story is a beautiful, although too short, love story. Perhaps the author will consider lengthening it, or adding a sequel, or prequel that will answer some of the questions it leaves behind.
I would recommend this book to any lover of Paranormal, love stories, or LGBT fiction. Even though it has a hole or two, it's still a great story, and I for one wouldn't mind reading other works from this author.
I give this book 4 of 5 paws. ( )
  S.CuAnam_Policar | Mar 3, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,140,808 books! | Top bar: Always visible