Face the Music: A Life Exposed by Paul…

Face the Music: A Life Exposed

by Paul Stanley

So good! ( )
  mystic506 | Sep 3, 2016 |
Finished on Jul 20, 2014

I'm not drawn to hard rock or heavy metal but I do enjoy an interesting rock and roll tale, especially one in which the volume closes with happiness and hope.
"Face the Music: A Life Exposed'' is the autobiography of the frontman, rhythm guitarist, co-founder of KISS.

Paul Stanley says "Each of us wears something that reflects who we are. I always loved stars and always identified with them – so, when it came time to put something on my face, I knew it would be a star."...hence, the onstage "Starchild" persona.
Once I saw the cover of "Face The Music..A Life Exposed", I knew I had to read his story and would continually pause and look again at the cover.

A few phrases I thought expressive of this autobi would be
" incredible highs and equally incredible lows"...candid..raw and confessional...gritty...brave.

It's not my band or music but the book is clear and well written and the band has a definite place in rock and roll history.
Definitely, the book satisfied my curiosity.

4 ★ ( )
  pennsylady | Feb 5, 2016 |
Though I've never been particularly into the music of KISS, I have always been fascinated with the unique (and I've always thought, very cool) look of the band. I expected this to be a ghost-written sex, drugs, and Rock n Roll book, which, of course, it is in part; but the audio book is read by Stanley himself (that is actually his first name) and it seems pretty clear that he wrote it himself and that he is an intelligent man and a good person. The book was very easy to listen to and carried some good insights into life. I wanna go out and buy some KISS posters or maybe a KISS Hello Kitty shirt (I think those are so adorable) or something...not sure how that would go with my decor or my wardrobe, though!
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
Very inspirational - and makes me think. There are a lot of things in his life I can relate to. His marriage to Pam, a woman who was emotionally unavailable, was eye opening. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |

In Face the Music, Paul Stanley—the co-founder and famous “Starchild” frontman of KISS—reveals for the first time the incredible highs and equally incredible lows in his life both inside and outside the band. Face the Music is the shocking, funny, smart, inspirational story of one of rock’s most enduring icons and the group he helped create, define, and immortalize.

Stanley mixes compelling personal revelations and gripping, gritty war stories that will surprise even the most steadfast member of the KISS Army. He takes us back to his childhood in the 1950s and ’60s, a traumatic time made more painful thanks to a physical deformity. Born with a condition called microtia, he grew up partially deaf, with only one ear. But this instilled in him an inner drive to succeed in the most unlikely of pursuits: music.

With never-before-seen photos and images throughout, Stanley’s memoir is a fully realized and unflinching portrait of a rock star, a chronicle of the stories behind the famous anthems, the many brawls and betrayals, and all the drama and pyrotechnics on and off the stage. Raw and confessional, Stanley offers candid insights into his personal relationships, and the turbulent dynamics with his bandmates over the past four decades. And no one comes out unscathed—including Stanley himself.

People say I was brave to write such a revealing book, but I wrote it because I needed to personally reflect on my own life. I know everyone will see themselves somewhere in this book, and where my story might take them is why I’m sharing it.” —Paul Stanley

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:44 -0400)

The co-founder and lead singer of the rock band Kiss discusses his childhood, the drama of his life on and off the stage, his personal relationships, and the turbulent dynamics with his bandmates over the past four decades.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,367,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible