The Schuman Shenanigans (Zack & Milton) by…

The Schuman Shenanigans (Zack & Milton)

by Jos Van Brussel

631,268,033 (3.33)None

This is not a spy thriller but instead a spy comedy with a rather tongue in cheek tone. If you are looking for a lighthearted, silly story with incompetent spies then this is the book for you. For me it was just a bit too silly even though fairly well written – thus the two stars. ( )
  CathyGeha | May 29, 2014 |
The Schuman Shenanigans
by Jos Van Brussel
Often when one says, 'this is my first read by this author' it really isn't saying much as there are so many cookie cutters out there. Let me assure you when I say 'This is first read by Mr. Van Brussell.' it says a lot.
It says I have been introduced to a genre which not only is new to me, it is also therefore out of my comfort zone to review such. Perhaps we shall begin by stating what this book is and is not.
If you a looking for a serious, mind-challening, mystery this is not for you. If you are in the market for the typical romantic comedy, exit stage left. You will get typical nothing here. And in that is the delight to the reader. This is a comedy - a tounge in cheek, make the Pink Panther proud comedy. Or as today's generation would say it is cheesy at times. Well, heck, most of the time.
Mix in a cast of unique and bizarre characters, most of whom deem themselves spies, and you have a great read on your hands. Yes there is a plot, but I'll be darn if I didn't find myself forgetting what it was as the antics of this group got out of hand. Certainly some were unrealistic as is the case in these type stories. (Who gets to blow up the wrong building by mistake and just show up for work the next day? I think not.)
Van Brussel is a gifted writer who has a niche for storytelling. Hang onto your seat and don't expect to connect to connect all the dots. ( )
  Books4Nana | Mar 18, 2014 |
Shenanigans indeed in this shades of Monty Python and Douglas Adams spy novel. Zak and Milton are likeable and their optimism encouraging though generally unwarranted. A fun read, you’ll never think of nuts in the same way again. ( )
  JaiW | Mar 13, 2014 |

Jos Van Brussel is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,716,317 books! | Top bar: Always visible