I Love You Too by Ziggy Marley

I Love You Too

by Ziggy Marley

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My children loved this book. My 6 year old read most of the pages, and my 4 year old read the "I love you" passages. It was a nice way to get everyone involved in our bedtime story routine. The illustrations were colorful and make each page easy to understand.

It's a very straight forward kids story with a parent telling the child how much the parent cares. It has simple phrases like "when you smile, I smile..." My children found this book very enjoyable and I did too. They have read it to me for the last 3 nights since we got the book, and they enjoy taking turns to read the pages.

It's a easy book for a 6 year old to read and understand, but a bit more challenging for my 4 year old, so he only reads every third page which says "I love you, I love you too..."

I definitely recommend this book to families with children 2-6 years old. ( )
  Ezinwanyi | Apr 22, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a beautifully illustrated book, with bright and colorful paintings of multicultural families and children in a variety of scenes. Since I don't know Ziggy Marley's song that is the basis for the words of this book, I found the repeated chorus of "I love you too" to be a bit of a distraction, but it did not substantially distract from the book. Perhaps if the publisher had included a CD of the song with the book, the reading experience would have been enhanced. Overall I would recommend it for parents of young children (up to 6 years old, depending on the child). Older kids may enjoy reading it to younger children as well. ( )
  bluelotus28 | Apr 17, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love the song this book is based on. This illustrations show the joy of love, between children and parents as well as between friends. My favorite illustration is that of the three young children sitting on a hill, contentedly looking over the land. The colors are vibrant.
However, the one problem I had with the book was the inclusion of illustrations at the end of the book. Until these illustrations, most of the outside illustrations seem to take place on lovely spring / summer days (there were inside illustrations of an undetermined season). All of a sudden we have the fall and then Christmas. Then we are back to inside and an undetermined season. The fall and Christmas illustrations would have worked if the book went through the year seasonally, but that was not the case.
The book I received was labelled an advanced reading copy. ( )
  geraldinefm | Apr 14, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The illustrations on each page give examples of different ways to express love such as hugs, kisses, holding hands or playing together. They also show the many diverse people or creatures to love like parents, babies, pets, grandparents etc. The images can help explain "love". The bright, simple images mimic the upbeat, joyful rhythm of the ragae song, "I love you too" by Ziggy Marly. For this reason I believe the text is better understood when sang. If read, the chorus is repeated so frequently that it is more of a distraction. I believe the book is best suited for the very young to about age 6. For the child who loves to sing, I could see this book as a favorite.

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  mamaweb5ter | Apr 11, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a fun and cute book. This book features the lyrics from Ziggy Marley's song I Love You. The illustrations are delightful and feature a lot of different children and families, including mixed race, interracial, same sex, etc. I appreciate the diversity in the illustrations. Good book for preschoolers and toddlers. The lyrics have a nice rhythm, but it isn't a storybook with a plot, characters, and storyline, but a great addition to any library or storytime rotation. ( )
  eo206 | Apr 9, 2014 |

Bob Marley's first and most famous son, Ziggy, extends his devotion to youth with his debut childrens book.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Ziggy Marley's book I Love You Too was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,353,007 books! | Top bar: Always visible