Jeep Cherokee XJ 1984-2001: Advanced…

Jeep Cherokee XJ 1984-2001: Advanced Performance Modifications (Sa Design)…

by Eric Zappe

641,268,033 (5)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love to go off-roading and Jeeps are some of the best vehicles for this. I really enjoyed all of the pictures in this book describing how to upgrade XJs for off-roading. This will enable me to tweak an XJ to be able to go anywhere. ( )
  spacechick365 | May 31, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I actually signed up in a drawing for this book! To my surprise, I actually won it. Through librarythings, I have won several opportunities for free books. So, if you have never been to this wonderful sight, I suggest that you go.

"Jeep Cherokee XJ" is basically a how-to book that has great pictures of the process to modifications of a Jeep Cherokee. Since we are proud owners of a 1990 Jeep that we use a hunting vehicle, I was anxious to see what all the modifications that we might be able to incorporate into ours.

What I found in this was basically the build-up for rock climbing. However, there was talk of the suspension that we were interested in. With us taking our Jeep out to our hunting areas, we are always running into the brush and sometimes unseen rocks that are covered by the over-growth of weeds and grass. We have now taken this book to our friend who is our mechanic and he is looking into helping us jack our Jeep up to give us some extra ground clearance that the stock version wasn't allowing.

With this book, Mr. Zappe did a wonderful job at explaining the process step-by-step. The photos that were included were very clear and self explanatory.

Even though I am a female, I do know quite a bit about mechanics. With having an ex-husband as a mechanic, I was forced to learn how to work on my own vehicle. I strongly believe that every female should know how to do the basic maintenance on their cars. ( )
  cbilbo | May 27, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed the Jeep Cherokee XJ 1984-2001:Advanced Performance Modifications (Sa Design) book. It was chock full of color photos and simple to follow directions for all projects in the book.

Anyone who owns a Jeep that is 1984-2001 will appreciate this book.
  philanthropicHR | May 15, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Just finished this book, and as far as modding manuals go, this is one of the best I have seen. Eric Zappe shows his knowledge and expertise in the field of custom modifications with excellent advice and detailed instruction from welding to custom roll cage construction. The book includes excellent, detailed instructions and concise photographs of the procedures covered, as well as looks into modifications by other Cherokee enthusiasts. If you are a novice mechanic just looking to build a rock climbing, mud boggin’ Jeep, this book is not for you. But for serious builders and off road fans, this is a must for any tool bench. I highly recommend Jeep Cherokee XJ 1984-2001 :Advanced Performance Modifications by Eric Zappe. It ranks highly with any performance how-to manual on the market today. ( )
  oldphotogurl | Apr 19, 2014 |

Jeep repair
Automotive
Jeep paint design
Auto Body

The author covers the upgrade and modification of all major components to provide a complete performance package for maximum off-road performance.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Eric Zappe's book Jeep Cherokee XJ 1984-2001: Advanced Performance Modifications was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,595,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible