Gigi and her Girl by Kathy Brandt

Gigi and her Girl

by Kathy Brandt

138723,089 (4)1

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was ok. I read it to my children, right after we adopted a kitten. I was hoping they would glean some wisdom on how to treat the cat...but the back and forth nature of the storytelling was difficult for them to understand. ( )
  CZimmerman | Dec 1, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Good, but not great. It goes at the pet and child relationship in an interesting way, and has some good advice. However, it does not have that "aww" or key heartbreaking moment/happy moment. They bonded over the girl leaving essentially Gigi alone more, not over a key moment, etc or some other piece. It has good advice, but it a more a don't do this with pets, and do this with pets story, then the normal story. The artwork was very nice. Again, good book, just not great. ( )
  tomrnoonan | May 13, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a great book! Gigi the dog is forced by her young owner to do things that dogs don't normally like to do: Play dress up, being squeezed really tight and similar young child actions. Gigi naturally prefers the older sister who treats her with respect. After the little girl learns to treat the dog nicely, Gigi than decides to spend time with the younger girl.

I really liked this book because my daughter is this age and it opened up a bunch of questions about how to treat our dog and what he would / would not like.

We decided to donate this book to a dog trainer we knew, and she raved and raved about it! She volunteers her time at local schools training kids how to approach and treat dogs and she will be bringing this book to each and every presentation.

Great book! ( )
  Vintage_books_baby | May 7, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book kind of made me sad. I get the message that it is trying to get across, about how children should behave with pets, but some of the things that the dog thinks are not very nice (like wishing she was outside rather than playing with the young girl). I just feel like there might be a better way to get the message across. The illustrations are beautiful, and it does have a happy ending, with the girl learning how to treat the dog better (after the dog rejects her for her older sister). ( )
  welburr | May 6, 2014 |
This children's book is excellent! The illustrations are amazing! The story is rich in color and imagination. The book tells a true story of a little girl who loves her dog as a little girl would, and how her dog is willing to be loved. You will find yourself reading this book again and again! Highly recommend! ( )
  syannakakis | May 2, 2014 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kathy Brandt's book Gigi and her Girl was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Kathy Brandt is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,428,584 books! | Top bar: Always visible