Dream Storm Sea by A.E. Marling

Dream Storm Sea

by A.E. Marling

151647,891 (5)None

After saving the academy in Gravity’s Revenge, Enchantress Hiresha expects to be lauded as a hero. Instead she is stripped of her titles, her jewels, and her gowns. Exiled to the edges of the empire, Hiresha vows to escape and make her own way in the world.

With the help of Innanis, the Jewel Duper, and Emesea the false novice, Hiresha escapes only to find herself trapped on a small boat in the dangerous sea with Emesea and Tethiel.

I loved the world of the sea. Its incredibly imaginative, and breathtakingly beautiful. Hiresha herself is layered and complex, a flawed hero in a flawed world.

I literally could not put this book down, reading it in its entirety over the course of a single day. The second half of the novel is a whirlwind of activity, made unreal by the fact that neither the reader nor Hiresha herself knows what is a dream and what is not. I won’t say more for fear of spoiling it, but I was on the edge of my seat till the very end.

Tethiel is in fine form, like always, offering seemingly contradictory advice and unconventional wisdom.

Of the three main characters, Emesea remained a bit of an enigma up to the bitter end. Although I was glad she had a chance to redeem herself after her actions in Gravity’s Revenge. ( )
  Madison_Keller | Sep 14, 2014 |

A.E. Marling is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,915,800 books! | Top bar: Always visible