In Perfect Time [Wings of the Nightingale 3]…

In Perfect Time [Wings of the Nightingale 3]

by Sarah Sundin

Even though this book is the conlusion in a series I thoroughly enjoyed it on its own. It's fast pace and strong characters kept me reading long into the night. The historical facts and placement in time adds depth and richness but the transformation that happened to the people in the story created the biggest dynamic for the reader. The struggles that ensued emotionally, spiritually, and physically developed a foundation for the reader to see insights into their own life. This author uses humor, drama, and romance to add to the magnetism of the book. I highly recommend In Perfect Time and now would like to read the first two books. To get the best feel for the characters I would suggest starting with book one, With Every Letter. Sarah Sundin knows how to write a great book! ( )
  sh2rose | Sep 6, 2016 |
One word describes this book:

WOW!

Just… WOW!

From page 1, you will be hooked! I’ve never been a fan of WWII era books but this one has made me into one!

Sarah Sundin will take hold of your heartstrings even while she’s got you on the seat of your pants – just waiting for an explosion!

I’m no WWII buff but the scenes read spot-on to me and the descriptions are wonderful. It’s like you can hear the engines drowning out everything around you! Or the salty sea air…

And the characters… ooh the characters!

There are whole worlds underneath the exterior of our Lt. Kay Jobson. She is a woman in control… or is she?

And Lt. Roger Cooper is just as complex and complicated! They say opposites attract but similar personalities rub each other the wrong way.

And oh how the sparks do fly!

Now of course, I’m dying to get books 1 & 2 so I can read more of this amazing series!

And I hope to see many more wonderful books from Sarah Sundin! You have made a fan out of me!

I received this book free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JCMorrows | Aug 25, 2015 |
I'm so sad to have finished the Wings of the Nightingale series, because the entire trilogy was excellent! I still hold that A Distant Melody (Wings of Glory, #1) might be one of my favorite books ever and with all that I read, this is a really saying something - so bringing on a new series, I couldn't be more delighted and excited to see what I might find within the pages of such a novel and over the top, I was not disappointed. After reading the first book in the series, With Every Letter , I had said: Giving plenty of laugh-out-loud, quit-it-I'm-going-to-cry, and down right cannot turn the pages fast enough or even would someone please watch my children so that I can just go read and see what happens next--- this was a read that I definitely did not want to miss and it was a completely delightful one a that. I'm not surprised to find myself loving it and as I finish the pages what I do find myself is devastated that I will have to wait so long for more Wings of the Nightingale series. Honestly, I want to know more about Kay...

Now, finally with In Perfect Time it was time to read about Kay. There is something about the way that Sarah Sundin writes that really makes it difficult for me to put the book down even when life needs me to get up and do things and leave the world of 1943 on the Italian coast. It is extremely rare that I give EVERY book read by an author five stars, yet that keeps happening here. Even in my review of On Distant Shores while I was reading and loving the story of Hutch and Georgie, I wanted more about Kay, then I even wrote: Absolutely for the keeper shelves, and I'm defintely looking forward to reading In Perfect Time, the story about Lt. Kay Jobson. I feel like I got to know her best in With Every Letter, but the snippets of her in On Distant Shores makes me know she has an interesting story to tell both in the past, present, and might as well add the future to that as well.

Now, finally on to Kay and Roger. My goodness, this story was worth the wait and a great way to round out the series with a perfect revisit to both Mellie and Georgie, yet also to see their own romances progress and to learn more about Kay and Roger the proclaimed singles meant to stay single for protection from their own separate pasts. Seeing God work in the lives of these characters was emotional and provided for much page turning. I could go on and on, but truly the most important part is to tell you that I truly enjoy the writing of Sarah Sundin and I just cannot get enough!

The Waves of Freedom trilogy is said to start publication in 2015 with one novel a year. How can I possibly wait? ( )
  cherryblossommj | Jul 23, 2015 |
WWII - 1944 - Over the Mediterranean - Lt. Kay Jobson was an efficient and competent flight nurse. She loved the glamour of flight, the challenge of nursing, and being able to lift the spirits of the sick and wounded. She'd seen so much pain, illness and suffering.

Kay wasn't a very likable character in the beginning. She was a beautiful and flirtatious woman who attracted the attention of men very easily and used it for her own good. Controlling men was her revenge against her father. He had rejected her, but men accepted her. Kay's life changes when she becomes acquainted with Lt. Roger Cooper, but he is totally blind to her charms.

Roger has a past life he is struggling to forget, and he goes out of his way to avoid women. His passion is to join a big band, as a drummer, after the war has ended.

And the story unfolds as a romance blossoms slowly between Kay and Roger. There is a transformation in Kay as she becomes a Christian. She tries to shape her life, but it just seems to get harder for her, and Roger resists God's good gifts in his life.

The storyline has strong themes of friendship, romance, and redemption with strong religious overtones. The characters were endearing and the author certainly brought out the human relationships in her writing. The story evolves slowly, (perhaps too slowly) and gives the reader plenty of time to get to know each character in depth. The story didn't grab me in the beginning, and the relationship between Kay and Roger became rather redundant throughout. However, the last third of the book became more compelling, blending love and acceptance into a satisfying, although predictable, conclusion. My rating is 4 stars.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.(less) ( )
  wrbinpa | Oct 6, 2014 |
In Perfect Time is the third book in the Wings of the Nightingale Series, and I have enjoyed them all. The books are written in as if we are the eyes of three different women and seeing the same events, each one the same but not. Of course there are a lot of different things that happen, as we all have our own lives.
Oh how I loved this and all of the books, we relive WWII through the eyes of these people. We learn so many facts about the invasions, and what happened during this time, that we have either forgotten or didn’t know. These should be a must read for all Americans, the sacrifices made by these individuals that made our country free, if not for them we all might be speaking German?
This book deals with a couple that may never end up together; they have so many insecurities, each from their upbringing. Hard to believe how parents can treat one child so different that they threat their others, great examples here. One has accepted the Grace of God, and forgiveness, or has he. The other is struggling with God, and her upbringing, of being raised in hypocritical religious family.
The book wraps up everything, so sweetly, but always with a bid to drama, and uneasiness. I wish we could continue on in their lives, do they fulfill their dreams? Will these couples we have come to love, end up with the American dream? Or will they even make it out of this war alive? Come along and enjoy this wonderful historical read you won’t be disappointed.

I received this book through Litfuse Publicity Book Tours, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Aug 22, 2014 |
First, I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to Sarah Sundin and her publisher for sending me a copy of "In Perfect Time" to review for them. I am truly grateful for this generosity. I really appreciate the time, effort and expense it takes to make a reviewer copy available to me.

"In Perfect Time” by Sarah Sundin is the third installment in her Wings of the Nightingale series, and I believe it to be her best novel so far! If you’ve read the first two books, you’ve been introduced to Lt. Kay Jobson, flight nurse, fiery redhead and incorrigible flirt! She dates for fun – lots of men at once – no time or desire for anything serious. As her character is featured in this book, we learn why she lives this way. Getting to know her character has been heartbreaking and joyful at the same time.

You may also remember C-47 pilot Roger Cooper. He’s steered clear of Kay, the idea firmly planted in him that dating should be to determine suitability for marriage. Coop has easily ignored Kay’s advances in the past, but now that she’s become a Christian and it looks like she’s changed her “bad girl” ways, he finds it even more difficult to be around her!

You’ll also be reunited with old friends Tom, Mellie, Hutch and Georgie. But this novel reads perfectly well as a standalone story. Still, I recommend reading the others – they’re all sweet, clean romances with a historic authenticity.

I love how the author showcases the power of prayer in this novel. Her illustrations inspired me because I’ve been there before. It also makes me sad that we so easily forget the wonderful things the Lord has done for us – what He’s freed us from. This book is a great reminder that no one is beyond God’s redemption!
added by StaceyLV | editWORD Up!, Stacey D (Jul 18, 2014)

An intense chain of events fill this book with nonstop action, danger and wartime uncertainty. Characters are diverse and convincing, and the interaction between them is unpredictable. Army Air Force staff are clearly described, and the events throughout have been well researched and documented. "In Perfect Time" is not only fascinating and electrifying, but educational as well. Ghosts of the past play an active role in the lives and actions of the main characters, and caution prevents their relationship from developing into a serious romantic involvement.

Sarah Sundin has done an incredible job of researching her subject matter, and presents exciting, unforeseeable circumstances that kept my attention throughout this book. Relationships between characters are believable, and truth plays a very important role in the growth of Lt. Kay Jobson's faith. I thoroughly enjoyed this fast paced book of wartime action and relationships, and highly recommend "In Perfect Time." I had not read the prequels in this series, but this book can stand on its own. Excellent historic fiction!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Revell in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
added by NanceeM | editReviewer

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0800720830, Paperback)

Bold, sophisticated, and flirtatious, Army Air Force flight nurse Lt. Kay Jobson collects hearts wherever she flies, leaving men pining in airfields all across Europe. So how can ruggedly handsome C-47 pilot Lt. Roger Cooper be all but immune to her considerable charms? In fact, he seems to do everything he can to avoid her.

Still, as they cross the skies between Italy and southern France, evacuating the wounded and delivering paratroopers and supplies, every beat of their hearts draws them closer to where they don't want to go. Can they confront the fears and misunderstandings in their pasts?

Sarah Sundin seamlessly weaves together emotion, action, and sweet romance into a tale that transcends time and calls us to believe in the power of love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:29 -0400)

Bold, sophisticated, and coy, Army Air Force flight nurse Lt. Kay Jobson collects hearts whever she flies, leaving men pining in airfields all across Europe. So how can ruggedly handsome C-47 pilot Lt. Roger Cooper be all but immune to her considerable charms? In fact, he seems to do everything he can to avoid her. Still, as they cross the skies between Italy and southern France, evacuating the wounded and delivering paratroopers and supplies, every beat of their hearts draws them closer. Can they overcome the fears and misunderstandings of the past in order to take hold of the future?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,427,047 books! | Top bar: Always visible