Jeremy's Promise by A R Talley

Jeremy's Promise

by A R Talley

411,664,912 (4)None

In David's Song, the first book in a trilogy, the reader was introduced to Annie, Jeremy, and David. After fifteen years of marriage Annie and Jeremy were having serious problems in their marriage. Annie went to Las Vegas for a week long BYU college reunion with her girlfriends. While at the hotel, Annie runs into David Andrews, her ex-college boyfriend who broke her heart. David is now a famous pianist, whose concert they will be attending while in Vegas. Seeing David after fifteen years stirs up old emotional feelings in Annie, leaving her with two choices to consider: whether to stay in her marriage to Jeremy, or possibly have a second chance with David, her lost college love.

Now in the second book of the trilogy, Jeremy's Promise, their story continues when Jeremy finds Annie with David in Las Vegas, and even though he is heartbroken, he asks her to come home with him and work on their marriage. While trying to find their way back to each other, Jeremy has dreams of dying in a car accident, and he asks Annie to promise that if anything happens to him she is to remarry, as long as it is not to David. When a tragedy occurs, Annie is left trying to pick up the pieces of her life, but a chance encounter with David on a cruise has Annie struggling to keep Jeremy's promise.

In Jeremy's Promise, the second book in the David's Song Trilogy, author A.R. Talley weaves another compelling tale that deals with realistic emotions, temptations, choices and decisions made in relationships. Written in the first person narrative, the reader continues to follow Annie's journey as she works through her indecision on what to do with her life after Jeremy's death.

This story packs a powerful and emotional punch, it captivates the reader's attention and draws them into Annie's story. As Annie reminisces about the past, contemplates the issues in her marriage to Jeremy, and the relationship with David, the story can't help but evoke the full range of emotions in the reader. I found myself pondering what would I do if I was in Annie shoes. Would I be able to pick up the pieces of my life after my husband died, and would I be able to keep the promise that I made, even if my heart still yearns for my first love?

Sometimes affairs of the heart can cause complications that may lead a person to consider choices and make decisions that they normally wouldn't make. Jeremy's Promise is definitely an emotional story that makes you sit up and ponder your own relationships, choices and decisions that you have made in your life.

Jeremy's Promise is a true-to-life story that depicts a realistic portrayal of the complexities and dynamics of relationships, and the variety of issues, choices and decisions that come with them.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by I Am A Reader.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2015/03/jeremys-promise-by-aa-talley-b... ( )
1 vote JerseyGirlBookReview | Mar 6, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,272,776 books! | Top bar: Always visible