Pam (Women of Valley View Book 3) by Sharon…

Pam (Women of Valley View Book 3)

by Sharon Srock

631,268,033 (5)None

One thing I really like about this book was how the author didn't try to make her characters perfect in their Christian walk. This often happens in Christian fiction. I know as a long time Christian that I have often slipped up. I was definitely able to connect with Pam. I went through my own divorce and remarriage. Just because you "say" you forgive someone, doesn't mean you did so in your heart. However, it is the first step to forgiveness. There is so much that can be learned about forgiveness from this book, whether you have gone through a divorce or not. This was actually the first book I had read by this author. I did purchase the first two in the series , "Callie"and "Terrie". I look forward to following the next one. I will gladly recommend this series to my friends.
I won a copy from the author. ( )
  skstiles612 | Jun 28, 2014 |
A Journey of Forgiveness...

Women of Valley View~Pam is a book about deep pain and forgiveness. Letting go of the past is the only way to heal one's heart and soul. Sharon Srock is a talented writer and she delivers a story which is extremely touching, with a powerful message.

Pam is the main character in this book. She has been betrayed and abused by her first husband, Alan Archer. She can never forgive him for his treatment of her. She does not want to forgive him. They have two wonderful children and Pam realizes that she should put the past behind her for their sake, but it is simply too hard. Even after Pam finds love again, she can't get over the break up of her first marriage.

Alan Archer has moved on, found a new wife and a new life without Pam. He has many regrets about things he has done in the past. He has hurt many of the people who cared most about him. When he finds out that he is dying, he wishes to return to his hometown so that he can ask for forgiveness for his many sins.

Pam is in disbelief when Alan returns to town, and to her life. She can't face him and she certainly can't forgive him. She does not know that he is dying. Alan does not want her to forgive him out of pity, so he does not tell her the reason he has returned.
Pam's world is turned upside down and her anger over her first marriage is threatening to tear apart her second marriage. Her children are also torn by the emotional turmoil.

As the story unfolds, true and unconditional forgiveness becomes the focus of the book. Turning to their faith, the characters in this novel learn to overcome bitterness, shame, and deep hurt in order to find peace in their lives. There is much to overcome, but with God's help lives can be rebuilt. Will Pam be able to to work through the deep scars of her life with Alan? Will Alan find the forgiveness he seeks? This is truly a very moving book. I cried many times while I was reading. It is a story which holds deep meaning for all of us, no matter who or what we need to forgive. It is an outstanding book which I highly recommend.

I received a copy of this book from the author, through The Book Club Network (bookfun.org) in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  PamelaJo | Jun 21, 2014 |
Hurt Emotions or Freedom in Forgiveness?

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." What a lie we feed ourselves with that saying!! "Stupid, fat, worthless slob." Could the words hurt any more? Only if Pam walks in on her husband and his secretary as he slings those words in her face.
Hitting rock bottom, slowly Pam rebuilds her life, centering around her two children, Jeremy and Megan, plus new husband Harrison. Pam also has three close friends whom she shares most things with, but only God knows the depth of her devastation caused by her ex, Alan.
Four years after Alan leaves, Pam appears to have pulled her life together with God, her friends, and Harrison's help. Then the unexpected happens, and Alan and his new wife move back to town. Alan wants to be a part of his children's lives, attend the same church as Pam, and even be friends with Pam.
This is more than Pam can bear. She has never been able to forgive Alan for breaking up their marriage and their family. What possible motives could Alan have now?
This book is the epitome of a reminder that as Christians we need to forgive one another. Partly because we are commanded to. Also because we want the Father to forgive us, as we forgive others. Finally, forgiving others frees us from a prison of our own making and leaves us free to be all God wants us to be. Easy to contemplate, harder to do. Lord, help us to follow you fully in this area!!
I received this book from bookfun.org in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Becky_L | Jun 3, 2014 |
Although four years has passed since Pam's divorce from Alan, the ravages of her past life lurk just beneath the surface. When her abusive ex-husband and his new family return to Valley View it opens up the floodgates that Pam has carried throughout the years. Her unforgiveness of her former husband rages within her and surfaces in unhealthy ways.

Pam's story revolves around some very difficult life issues, emotional abuse, marital infidelity, attempted suicide, terminal illness, unforgiveness and unhealthy, untold secrets. These issues are broached realistically and openly. Relationships are represented with candor and credibility. I found myself feeling sorry for Pam's ex-husband and disliking Pam at times. Pam's unforgiveness and reaction to the return of her ex-husband and his family to her hometown stirred up some angry feelings that I finally began to overcome about halfway through the book. This may have been the author's intention. Sharon Srock writes a very spirit-lifting and realistic story of passionate topics, and does it very well. This is the third in the Women of Valley View series, but I feel it stands on its own merits. I recommend reading the entire series, however. Each book evokes some very valid emotions and takes you on a journey through believable life stories. I highly recommend "Pam."

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher through The Book Club Network's For Readers Only program in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
added by NanceeM | editReviewer

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,821,848 books! | Top bar: Always visible