Hope to Die by James Patterson

Hope to Die

by James Patterson

Recently added byByrums, alhall, Kellyyoung, danbarnes, private library, Kristyn44, LedyardLibrary, dragota, dilyromom1

this was the most fasanting thriller i've ever read. Patterson grabs you and never let's go
  WokeNerdWriter | Mar 27, 2018 |
Just when you thought all was lost, Alex pulls it out. Fun read. Credible? This book, #22, is a continuation of #21 and others. I personally resent the dastardly sales and marketing department for this deed. Why not just condense the book instead of selling two or three books to unwary public. There oughta be a law. Characters? Patterson introduces a new detective and doesn't use any of the old favorites. Family is kidnapped and Samson, his best friend in the world, doesn't play? Hmmmm. Patterson must have hired a new ghost writer. ( )
  buffalogr | Apr 5, 2017 |
Best Patterson book in a while. He gives us the double viewpoint and inside the mind view of the villain and Cross. Good work! ( )
  kallai7 | Mar 23, 2017 |
Finally, Alex Cross is back. This book is a continution of Cross my Heart and I really liked it a lot! The series was getting a little dull to me and I was worrying whether I would bother to finish it but now I'm ready for the next one.
Alex's family has been kidnapped and the book starts with Alex at home and his family missing. Thierry Mulch has taken them all in an elaborate plan and is now controlling Alex to do what he wants in order to get them back and see them alive again. Alex is told not to involve any police in the investigation and afte ignoring calls from Sampson, he turns up at Alex's house. Mulch has the house bugged and then sends Alex a message saying that he has ignored his instructions. Alex then gets photos of his family all murdered with gunshot wounds to the head. Alex begins the hunt for Mulch.
This is a good thriller. I enjoyed all of it really. It still isn't as good as the earlier books in the series but its back up there with the best. I'm about to start the next one! ( )
  Nataliec7 | Oct 31, 2016 |
"How hard is it to imagine a noble detective brought low by the horrors of his job? How hard to imagine a detective so beaten down that he finds life meaningless... and becomes a perfect killer himself? That's not hard to imagine at all, now, is it?"

Detective Alex Cross is back and things are bleaker than ever. His entire family has been kidnapped and two of them may be dead... Alex is in a very bad place, but despite that (or more likely because of it), he is still working hard to figure out the answers. No matter what, he refuses to give up.

One thing I like about the Alex Cross series is that you always know what to expect, but you don't necessarily know what will happen. When Patterson writes about Cross, the result is always thrilling and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Another thing, the books are always quick reads. But, time and again, I find myself up way past my bed time reading just one more chapter.... The chapters are short and each time I finish one, I can't wait to see what will happen next. So, how much could one more chapter hurt? Of course, it is never just one more...

Recommended to:
Adults who like thrillers. Fans of the Alex Cross series. Fans of detective or crime stories. ( )
  Jadedog13 | Feb 3, 2016 |
For the courageous men and women of the Palm Beach Police Department.
When Marcus Sunday arrived at Whodunit Books in Philadelphia around seven that evening, the manager told him not to expect much of a crowd.

Alex Cross is legendary as Washington's, D.C.'s top detective, a man who has devoted his life to protecting others. But none of the atrocities he's seen has prepared him for the sight of a homicide detective at his own front door.

Alex Cross's family has been abducted, and a madman named Thierry Mulch is threatening to kill them. Cross would do anything to have Bree, Nana Mama, and his beautiful children back home. But Mulch doesn't care about money or mercy. As Cross races to save his family, he realizes a deeply terrifying truth: Thierry Mulch doesn't want to become the perfect killer--he wants to create one. And Alex Cross is the guinea pig in his ruthless experiment of good versus evil.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031621096X, Hardcover)

Widely praised by the greatest crime and thriller writers of our time, Cross My Heart set a jaw-dropping story in motion. Hope to Die propels Alex Cross's greatest challenge to its astonishing finish, proving why Jeffery Deaver says "nobody does it better" than James Patterson.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:44 -0400)

"Detective Alex Cross is being stalked by a psychotic genius, forced to play the deadliest game of his career. Cross's family--his loving wife Bree, the wise and lively Nana Mama, and his precious children--have been ripped away. Terrified and desperate, Cross must give this mad man what he wants if he has any chance of saving the most important people in his life. The stakes have never been higher: What will Cross sacrifice to save the ones he loves?" --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,177,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible