Whaley's Big Adventure: Presented by Carole…

Whaley's Big Adventure: Presented by Carole P. Roman

by Alexander Luke

641,268,033 (4.5)None

Whaley's Big Adventure: Presented by Carole P. Roman
Color sketches of the whales and all the facts are very fun to learn about.
Whaley goes on an adventure into the ocean and he described many other whales he finds along the way and what their characteristics are.
He asks his parents if he can bring them home one day and they agree.... ( )
  jbarr5 | Nov 24, 2014 |
I read Whaley's Big Adventure: Presented by Carole P. Roman, in exchange for honest review from Tomoson. The book is a quick read, which teaches children about whales.

I have read the book multiple times to the toddlers (son and great niece) and they get a giggle at looking at the whales. They love the whales more than the words.

The book teaches children about the different types of whales and what makes each unique. Children will learn about Humpbacks, Orcas, Beluga, Gray, Sperm, and the Whale shark. Not to mention, Whaley is a blue whale. In the book, Whaley goes on an adventure meeting new friends along the way.
  staciewyatt | Jun 3, 2014 |
A young Blue Whale named Whaley swims the oceans meeting and learning about his fellow sea creatures, mostly mammals that will be big like him.

For children interested in large land animals like dinosaurs and such, this might be a good intro to large sea creatures. Especially since these creatures are still living and growing in our seas. These underwater dinosaurs are impressively described and wonderfully painted giving a perfect underwater feel. Learning facts about about the animals that my head can not fully fathom but it is a great precursor to later looking up actual pictures of the animals. To me it feels like a beginners guide which is good because it is always good to start somewhere.

I would like to see more of Whaley but maybe more with a story about his day maybe or his playdate that he eventually had with his friends. How do whales play? Do they have snacks and naps in the middle of the day? Do they go to “school”? Just a few thoughts I imagine might be fun to find out.

Whaley has a long life ahead of himself and a big playground. Out of the 40 whales that inhabit the oceans we are introduced to less than 10. Let’s hope that means more Whaley and friends. ( )
  lavenderagate | May 28, 2014 |
Whaley’s Big Adventure was written and illustrated by 5 year old Alexander Luke and presented by his grandmother Carole P. Roman.

Whaley is a blue whale and he sets off on an adventure to explore the oceans. He meets Owen the Orca, Harold the Humpback whale, Gary the Gray whale, Brody the Beluga, Sammy the Sperm whale, and Walter the Whale shark and learns a little bit about each new friend.
The book is educational, entertaining, and down right cute. The watercolor art by Alexander Luke is perfect for the story.

I love the book and so does my granddaughter. ( )
  Tmtrvlr | Apr 17, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,546,150 books! | Top bar: Always visible