White Collared Part Three: Revenge by Shelly…

White Collared Part Three: Revenge

by Shelly Bell

721,138,814 (4.5)None
ARC (1) ec (1) now-acquired (1) to-read (3)

We start this book where we left off. Kate has found Hannah stabbed in her apartment on her return from speaking to Martha. Jaxon comes to be with Kate and questions her about her feelings Nick. Nick comes to Kate's aid too, but realizes there is something going on between her and Jaxon.
Both of them want to protect Kate, especially as this attack hit so close to home. But who is the attacker? And why does he/she have Kate so firmly in their sights.
The awesomeness of Shelly Bell and Revenge are just mind blowing. I was gripped to this book from the first sentence. It felt like I was there, it did not, at any point feel like I was reading a book
This book earns 10 out of 10 from me for blowing my mind!
  Cara_Ross | Aug 16, 2016 |
**Please note that this is the third part of a story that is divided into four parts, each comprising its own book. White Collared Part One: Mercy and White Collared Part Two: Greed need to be read before this book in order to fully appreciate the plot, and this review contains spoilers for these prior installments.**

Shelly Bell continues to enthrall her readers with White Collared Part Three: Revenge. Both the passion and mystery reach new heights! I can't wait to read the fourth and final part, White Collared Part Four: Passion, to see how this erotic thriller concludes!

In this third installment, we begin to see Kate Martin's character evolve as she begins to get more acclimated with her BDSM relationship with Jaxon Deveroux, who also happens to be her client. Kate is a legal intern, who along with Jaxon's best friend, Nicholas Trenton, is defending Jaxon against allegations that he killed his ex-wife.

At a time when trust is of the uppermost importance, the threats against Kate also begin escalate. The tension this elicits combined with Jaxon's increasing alpha demands, cause Kate, a previously independent and a completely self-reliant woman, to have serious doubts about ever being able to engage in a long-term relationship with a Dom like Jaxon.

Nicholas, on the other hand, while also protective and seemingly as interested in Kate as Jaxon, would never require her total submission. All of her doubts cause Kate to begin withholding more and more information from Jaxon and Nicholas, as she desperately works to solve the case, and to figure out who her heart truly belongs to. Leaving Kate in greater and greater danger.

Who will Kate ultimately trust her heart to? Who is the killer, and can Kate figure it all out before the danger escalates beyond threats and failed attempts on her life?

I love how Shelly Bell continues to tow the line between Kate's desire for submission and her strong personality traits. She does a remarkable job of describing how an otherwise independent, and self-reliant strong heroine, could find power and satisfaction in submission. However, I'm not quite as certain about the developments in Jaxon's character. While in prior installments, he seemed to exemplify the perfect alpha hero (ie, embodying the protective qualities without being completely overbearing), Jaxon's domineering nature seems to have ratcheted up a few notches in this installment. Perhaps it is just a reaction to the increased danger, or maybe he is the true villain in the story. But I truly hope the later is not the case. I can't wait to read the final part, White Collared Part Four: Passion, to find out!

Source: A review copy was provided by the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  B.J.O. | Jun 3, 2014 |

-- Enslaved by pleasure ?Jaxon continues to push Kate's sexual and emotional boundaries, penetrating her defenses and crumbling the walls she has built around the painful memories of her past. But just as she opens her heart and accepts a future with Jaxon, the devastating truth about Alyssa's death shatters the tenuous bond they share, testing their relationship and propelling her directly into the path of a desperate murderer.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,155,178 books! | Top bar: Always visible