Sadie Sapiens by Jeff Bauer

Sadie Sapiens

by Jeff Bauer

My first Audible read! I really liked it. I had tried in the past to listen to books but found I would fall asleep but this one did not lull me. The voices and reading were very well done.

The story I thought at first was more of a childrens book until I got into it. It is not a book for young children. It would be for young adult to adult appropriate. The story was very interesting even though I am not a dog person I really liked the book.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of my love for audiobooks! ( )
1 vote Kimmyd76 | Jan 19, 2015 |
You want a book that will evoke an emotional response? Then [Sadie Sapiens] by [Jeff Bauer] is it. If this book does not cause you to cry, laugh, and want to hurt someone you must be some kind of scary person.

The story of a special bond between a dog and her human takes you on twists and turns. It shows the good of humanity as well as the dark side. Mostly it shows the importance of loving your pack, (aka family), those created by blood and choice.

Now I must go converse with my cats. ( )
  MsHooker | May 18, 2014 |
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a cute story about a Chihuahua and her human counterpart. All I can say is this is an adorable story for all ages. ( )
  sportzmomof5 | May 7, 2014 |
I concur fully with the excellent review of wismom on the library thing website...link below
But I don't agree with her last sentence saying that she would prefer not to endorse the book for YA readers. The world is what it is. We don't live in cocoon and we do our children a disservice if we don't prepare them for it. As my father used to say ...shit happens and children are much more resilient than we give them credit for. Our children have been brought up with a motley selection of pound dogs some of them a by product of the horrific practice of dog fighting which is still prevalent.
As for her concerns that the range of this book's topics might encourage children to take part in such behaviours ...absolute hogwash...that's back on us as parents who instill a sense of what is right and wrong.
Personally this book is one THAT I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH AND FULLY ENDORSE.
NB typo on page 276 ( )
1 vote dlga | Apr 19, 2014 |
Great YA but I loved it.A feel good book that uncovers our hidden desire, a pet who loves us unconditionally that is smart, funny and can talk. Simply entertaining! ( )
  beccae | Apr 13, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Jeff Bauer's book Sadie Sapiens was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,383,847 books! | Top bar: Always visible