Third Degree by Julie Cross

Third Degree

by Julie Cross

Hola bebé, eres una cuchitura.

Chao. ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |

Isabel Jenkins is a genius, but that doesn’t mean her life is perfect. Sure, she’s already graduated medical school and completed her internship, even though she’s only eighteen, but when she faces her first major failure, not getting the residency she had her heart set on, she’s adrift. All the smarts in the world don’t make up for her lack of socialization, and inability to relate to her patients. Now determined to recapture the opportunity to be a “normal” young adult, she returns to college, for the first time attending with students her own age. And that’s where we meet Marshall, the Resident Advisor who knows all about the child prodigy.

While not a bad cover, it just didn't do it for me. It doesn't scream "socially inept genius meets hunky RA" or capture the wonderfully sweet romance that develops between Marshall and Isabel. Not that I have any better ideas. I just think it makes the book look like just another young romance when it's soooo much more.

Izzy’s romance with Marshall is delightfully awkward, and Marshall is refreshingly sweet. Rather than insta-love, a fun friendship builds, with Marshall determined to show Izzy how to loosen up and for once in her life have a good time without worrying about her next big goal.

What really makes the story, though, is that Marshall isn’t set on changing who Izzy is at heart. Instead, he simply shows her how to live and patiently waits as she follows. And behind his gorgeous mug is a kind, caring man of depth who finds himself letting his own guard down.

Third Degree is nothing I thought it would be, with none of the clichés I’ve grown to expect and all of the romance I was hoping for. While the story doesn’t lack drama, it’s drama done right, a rarity lately in the world of New Adult books. There's growing up, letting go, falling in love, and discovering each other. Izzy’s super-intelligence makes for an interesting narration and a heroine who, even if I couldn’t completely relate, fell in love with. And Marshall… He’s gonna be number one on my wishlist to Santa this year.

***FicCentral received this book from AToMR Tours for free in exchange for an honest review. Even so, we're far too opinionated to let a freebie influence our thoughts or the contents of the reviews we post here. ( )
  ysar | Jul 8, 2015 |

pre-reseña

3 análisis:

EL meticuloso ↪ puntuación se estanca en un 4 redondo-y muy merecido!

El de la buscadora incansable de romances inteligentes ↪ puntuación es un 5.

El de la lectora harta de consumir libros New Adults aburridos e inverosímiles ↪ a Third Degree le va un recontra 6!

¡Que grata sorpresa!

PD. Gracias, Mics!

LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
Oops, spoilers ahead!

A sweet romance between an incredibly smart young woman who needs to grow up and a nice young man who has Crohn's disease.
  franoscar | Mar 23, 2015 |
A terrific read with wonderful characterizations and a fresh look at what it means to be an outsider! The only reason for not giving it 5 stars is that the characters seemed unrealistically self-possessed and wise beyond their years; as though this were an adult romance aged down to the New Adult market. I will be looking for more by this talented author. Highly recommended. ( )
  Janet126 | Jun 22, 2014 |

-- what But so far, my roommate hates me and I'm not into the party scene. The only good thing about school has been getting to know my insanely hot RA. Marshall Collins makes me wonder about everything I missed while I was growing up too fast. Pretty soon we're hanging out constantly, but for the first time, I find myself wanting more than a no-strings-attached physical relationship. And the lesson I really need is one Marsh definitely can't teach me: love. Because I'm going to be alone forever if I don't learn fast. -- -- -- Third Degree "I loved every. Damn. Second of -- Grey's Anatomy -- --Martini Times Romance -- --Red Hot Books "I love a book that makes me forget all about the real world and sends me on a journey with its characters."--Turning Pages "With quirky characters, laugh-out-loud moments, and a touching romance, Third Degree "I fell for quirky, brainy, socially awkward child prodigy Izzy and even more so for her sweet, compassionate, and hot RA, Marshall. I was rooting for their happily-ever-after and was sighing with satisfaction by the end."--Christina Lee, author of the Between Breaths series… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,931,735 books! | Top bar: Always visible