Zombie War Complete by Kevin Eastman

Zombie War Complete

by Kevin Eastman, Tom Skulan (Story), Eric Talbot (Artist)

Other authors: Ronda Pattison (Colorist), Tom Skulan (Author), Eric Talbot (Illustrator)

421,664,912 (2.17)None
Recently added byBooksOn23rd, ElizaJane, .Monkey.

I love a good zombie apocalypse. This wasn't one. The art is just plain bad, poor quality. The rest of the book consists of plenty of gross scenes of bodies ripped in half, heads with no bodies, etc. The fallen military have been risen from the dead and this is happening all over the world but our story focuses on Washington DC and for some reason they are being lead by a zombie Roman centurion. How'd he end up buried in American soil? Our main female hero strips naked a couple of times because, well, that seems to be the only way she can lure and entrap her way out of a sticky situation. Vocabulary consists of a multitude of vulgarities, "rrraaaahhhrr", "aaahhh" and "unghhh"s. 2 stars because I read the whole thing. ( )
1 vote ElizaJane | Mar 8, 2014 |
The Story
I think there were interesting aspects to the story, and definitely a unique approach to how/why a zombie apocalypse begins. However, it moved way too quickly, there was no pause between anything, one moment there's a few zombies in one place, the next moment half the world is on fire, it was just way too much too soon. Someone needs learn pacing. The only thing I can think is that the idea was, the super-speed was meant to give a sense of the urgency within the comic. It doesn't. It just feels rushed and lacking, and like someone couldn't be arsed to spend the time fleshing out a fuller story on more pages.

Also, gratuitous naked woman shot, twice? -groan-

The Art
I'm torn on the art. On the one hand, some of the panels you can clearly see how nice the art is, the skill that the artist has. But often it's as if their abilities are deliberately dumbed down, to make the images goofy-cartoony. Also, the intentional graininess of the panels, with the black dots, presumably trying to give it a more "old school" look, is just irritating.

Overall
I think Zombie War has a lot of potential, but it needs some reworking. At this stage I'd hesitate to recommend it. ( )
  .Monkey. | Feb 23, 2014 |

Kevin Eastmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Skulan, TomStorymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Talbot, EricArtistmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Pattison, RondaColoristsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Skulan, TomAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Talbot, EricIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,698,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible