Confessions of a Royal Bridegroom by Vanessa…

Confessions of a Royal Bridegroom

by Vanessa Kelly

Series: Renegade Royals (book 2)

316357,052 (4)None

In this second book of the Renegade Royals series, we meet Dominic again as he’s older and wiser; someone that’s taken interest in Griffin, our hero of this tale. We get to know Griffin’s background and at the same time we meet Justine who is on hand to help him take care of a little ‘package’ that’s delivered to his establishment.

Once more Ms. Kelly manages to suck me in and take me along on an intriguing ride through many obstacles thrown in the way of these two interesting and enjoyable characters. I found the story ... thanks for jumping to b2b to finish my review ...

Melanie for b2b

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
The second book in the Renegade Royals series wraps up some previously alluded to mysteries regarding Sir Dominic, Chloe and the child that resulted from the devastating encounter with Chloe and one of the royals in the first book in this series. The hero in this is none other than Griffin Steele, secret son of the Duke of Cumberland, and Chloe Steel. After a childhood full of abandonment and shame, Griffin grows into a man with a notorious reputation as a gaming club and brothel owner. Many of the ton find themselves in his debt financially and he achieves his power and notoriety from his blatant disregarding of social rules and his ability to be cold and dangerous when needed. However, despite the rather grim persona he displays, Griffin will go to any length to protect those he cares about. When a baby with a mysterious note arrives on his doorstep he cannot abandon the child to an uncertain fate. Instead Griffin is forced to embark on a mission to protect the child and discover his rightful place in the world before whoever is hunting for him discovers the tiny baby hidden in the brothel.
Justine Brightmore, daughter of a legendary spy, would much rather spend her days in quiet contemplation in the country than anywhere near the ton and hustle of London society. She has resigned herself to a life as a quiet companion and spinster. When her beloved Uncle Dominic asks her to help care for an abandoned baby, she cannot turn him down and grudgingly agrees to help with the task. Her unease grows as she learns about the dangerous Mr. Steele and his residence next to a brothel where she and the baby will be staying. She reassures herself that this position will be of short duration, but once she opens the door to the scandal and trouble that awaits her, there will be no going back.
With their lives and reputations on the line, Justine will stop at nothing to protect the baby from those who wish to do him harm. Griffin finds himself equally attentive to Justine’s safety. When a break in to the brothel throws the house in chaos, a split second decision will change Griffin’s whole life. Can the notorious gamester and rake change for the better? Can the two of them keep the baby safe? When characters from the past reappear, their world will be upended. How will they ( )
  Azacia | Apr 27, 2014 |
Griffin Steele, is one of the most notorious men in London, and suddenly has been left with a abandoned baby on his doorstep. The last thing he needs is a fussy infant, so a friend and mentor, sends him a woman to nanny the baby until his parents can be found and returned to them. Justine may live in the countryside but her childhood was anything but boring. Her father being a spy and her uncle a viscount, she is tougher than she seems. When she comes to London, to take care of a infant next door to a brothel, she has her work cut out for her, and the owner Griffin who is overwhelming to the extreme but takes her breath away with his smoldering gaze. Circumstances lead these two to closer together, being forced to protect this baby at all costs, and then the sexual tension rises between them and if Griffin wants a future with the only woman he could trust with his secrets, he will have to share everything of himself and prove to her of his genuine feelings for her or he may lose her forever.

Confessions of a Royal Bridegroom is the second book in the series and the first book I have read from this author. I was given a ARC copy in exchange for a honest review. Especially lately I have heard a variety of mixed reviews when it comes to Vanessa Kelly, but I have to say after reading this title, she has just been put on my radar list. I wasn't sure how much I was going to enjoy this one, but I found myself captivated by this story the moment I started reading it. One of my favorite aspects of this story was the suspense and intrigue side of it. It wasn't a simple regency romance, and even the characters weren't your normal characters you would see in this sub genre. I did find myself fascinated with these characters though. They just clicked instantly, and even though at first they have this teasing flirtation going on, you sense there is something even more deeper developing even from the beginning. The heroine did bother me a little in the beginner, I felt she was a bit too whiny, she complained quite a bit. But she grew on me and I found her very likable especially at the end. The hero was very fun to watch, and he is a scoundrel and I enjoyed his secretive nature, made him more unpredictable and even more sexy.

Such a riveting tale of twists and turns, mysteries and passions, and a tale of two who need each other more than either realize. A unique story that will set your heart racing and see that emotions go into a tail spin!! A romance that pulls the reader in with a stimulating writing style. INTRICATELY SENSUAL!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 3, 2014 |
This book had me hooked right from the first chapter with an intriguing mystery which kept me guessing and a sexy hero pursuing a spinster.
Griffin Steele was a wonderful character, he owned a gambling house and a brothel. He'd worked his way up from nothing and now considered a bit of a crime lord.
But he was the son of a Duke, "from the wrong side of the blanket".
Justine was called in to look after a baby that arrived at Griffin's home. She is very determined and sometimes naive when dealing with Griffin.
The love scenes between them are very slow to start as Griffin doesn't won't to rush Justine which is very romantic, I loved Griffin.
The storyline was very good, and with the perfect conclusion I was very satisfied.
I really enjoyed Confessions of a Royal Bridegroom and look forward to the next book in the The Renegade Royals series.

A complimentary copy was provided by the author for an honest review. ( )
  JulieD2 | Apr 1, 2014 |
Loving the series!

I must confess that I love all the titles so far produced in this series. The golden thread that links them all together is that in each one, an illegitimate son of one of the Royal Princes (Regency period), confronts the hardships of his birth, discovers true love and enters the ranks of society.
Of course for each son the way is strewn with brambles and thorns, if not shards of glass.
This episode is no less riveting with all the necessities for a sparkling and often tense read.
We have the Extremely Bad boy, Griffin Steele, with a tender heart and a rock hard exterior that keeps the world at bay. Owner of a brothel he's about to dispose of, Griffin's world is disrupted when a baby is left on the doorstep with a note asking him to protect the infant from grave danger.
Justine Brightmore is the lovely heroine, who's badly put upon, selfless, and independent.
She is goddaughter to Sir Dominic Hunter who has offices in Whitehall and is highly placed in England's Intelligence Service. Dominic asks her to assist with the care of baby Stephen whilst the mystery surrounding him is investigated. Griffin is puzzled as to why Dominic would bring Justine into a situation fraught with perils not only to her reputation but her safety, if as he suspects, the mystery surrounding the baby is accurate.
Of course the meeting of the two, Justine and Griffin devolves into a fiery battle. A battle between the brothel lord and the bluestocking. A situation fraught with tension, attraction and amusement.
Through various surprising circumstance they end up in a marriage of convenience!
Dominic, who knew Griffin's mother, is not the only one to be surprised by events as they unravel. And really, given all his conniving ,it's about time Domonic's feathers were ruffled!

A NetGalley ARC ( )
  eyes.2c | Apr 1, 2014 |

Vanessa Kellyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dehmlow, VeidaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"Some men are born into scandal. Others pursue it with a passion. Griffin Steele, secret son of the Duke of Cumberland, is guilty on both counts. Yet somehow London's most notorious scoundrel has been saddled with an abandoned baby boy - and with the unflappable, intriguing spinster summoned to nurse him...Justine Brightmore may be a viscount's niece, but she's also a spy's daughter, determined to safeguard the infant when his suspected royal parentage makes him a target. Yet how to protect herself from the rakish Griffin? Marriage might shield her reputation, but it can only imperil her heart, especially with a groom intent on delicious seduction."-- From back cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,313,801 books! | Top bar: Always visible