Rebel Time Of Sunset by Banu Toleukhanova

by Banu Toleukhanova

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byRock_Dillon

No tags.

They came from five different backgrounds: Arab, Jew, Congolese, Kazakhstani, American. Each had a dream for their own people, their own nation, their own religion. Each was a rebel with a cause. Each sought for the Promised Land where there was no suffering, madness, or even death. Did the land exist? Was it madness looking for it?

Banu Toleukhanova weaves a gripping tale which moves across Africa, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and America. Set brilliantly against world events, political intrigue, religious extremism and fanaticism, a secret society, personal ambition, and idealism, this is a must-read for anyone who wonders how the world can ever find peace. We are faced with the seemingly impossible quest to reconcile very diverse cultural backgrounds and expectations, portrayed by a group of young people thrown together by a peace conference in Jerusalem. The twists and turns in their relationships and their own internal battles make this a very well crafted story. ( )
  Rock_Dillon | Mar 5, 2014 |
'I open my eyes, but I see a dream. I wander among people, but I am alone. I stretch my wings, but I cannot fly. I fall into abyss, but I rise up. I am Pain, and Lie, and Despair, and Madness. I am Love, and Light, and Hope, and Justice. I am the lacerated World. I have thousands of names. I am broken in millions of splinters. Look at me and you will see…'

The story line of the novel unfolds on the background of the Arabian-Israeli conflict. Destinies of the main heroes crossed on the Promised Land. Five heroes, five fates, five representatives of different civilizations from the contrary parts of the world who united by one passionate spirit.
Abraham and Fatih were destined to be friends and enemies. Both of them work on the intelligence service, but against each other. Fatih should steal secret information from the headquarters of the Mossad while Abraham intended to do everything in his power to impede him. Jomo, George and Salua met on the Promised Land and became the best friends united by their world view.
Fight of the heroes for justice get us through kaleidoscope of political intrigues connected with each other by the fine thread of interests’ collision. Geography of the developing events is quite extensive: from New York, Vatican, London to Damascus, Beirut and the holy city Jerusalem. The novel is not just a narration about intelligence services, spy games and the secret Mason lodges. The goal of this novel is to give suffering people, independently of their nationality and religion, the opportunity to be heard.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,513,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible