Broadchurch by Erin Kelly

Broadchurch (original 2014; edition 2014)

by Erin Kelly, Chris Chibnall

Member:Paul_Salter
Title:Broadchurch
Authors:Erin Kelly
Other authors:Chris Chibnall
Info:Minotaur Books (2014), Hardcover, 448 pages

Broadchurch: A Novel by Erin Kelly (2014)

A gripping story that great characters and a narrative full of twists of turns.

For a complete review please click on the link below:

https://onerightword.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/broadchurch-erin-kelly.html ( )
  ashkrishwrites | Aug 29, 2018 |
I really liked this one! I'm a fan of Broadchurch and am currently watching Gracepoint so I wanted to read this. As it's a novelisation of the program, I didn't expect any big surprises or twists but I wanted to see if there was any more depth or patina to the characters who populate this town. I'm happy to say, there was. I liked how this was written and truly felt I got an even closer look into the lives of the people. I've no idea where the second series of Broadchurch is going but if there's another novelization by Erin Kelly, I'll be reading it. Definitely recommended for fans of the series and for anyone interested in a good mystery (if you've never seen the series) set in a small town. ( )
  anissaannalise | Feb 28, 2018 |
The show was better.
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |
Saw the TV-Series first, so I knew the how-dunnit and it was still a good book, even without the suspense.
As with the UK-TV-Series, binge-watched from Blu-ray in 2 days, the focus is on all the victims this crime has, and not so much on the killer. Still, I did not guess who the killer was in the TV-series.
Compared to the show, the book is less subtle, you get more insight in the actions and more background, to name just one, which was for me muddled and unclear in the show: Lucy. Maybe I was not watching with the same concentration with which I read a book and I missed some details, to name it here, would be to spoil both the book and more so the show, for those who have not read the book nor seen the show.
As a standalone, without the TV-show it is a good book, maybe for some not worth 5 stars, but as an addition to the TV-show it is great.
Highly recommended for fans of UK scenery (Dorset), UK-TV-shows and to anyone who has watched or will watch Broadchurch or the US-remake Gracepoint (although they are supposed to change some of the story, I watched the first 2 episodes and they where nearly identical to Broadchurch, which makes me question the point of a remake, they even put David Tennant in the same character in the US-version). ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
Broadchurch by Erin Kelly; 4 1/2*)

This suspenseful mystery takes place on a small coastal island in England. It is the story of a little boy found murdered on the beach at the base of a cliff and the following investigation. The community is abound with suspects and no one trusts anyone. The main characters are the Detective Inspector and the Detective Sergeant on the case.
The book is a real page-turner. I think the author did a very fine job of this one. Very fine indeed.
I was unable to put the book down. It kept me guessing throughout. I highly recommend this book to those who enjoy suspense and mystery novels. ( )
  rainpebble | Apr 11, 2015 |

Erin Kellyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chibnall, Chrismain authorall editionsconfirmed
"There is a condition worse than blindness, and that is seeing something that isn't there." —Thomas Hardy
One road in, one road out.

In the sleepy British seaside town of Broadchurch, Detective Ellie Miller has just returned from vacation, only to learn that she's been passed over for a promotion at work in favor of outsider Alec Hardy. He, escaping the spectacular failure of his last case, is having trouble finding his way into this tight-knit community wary of new faces. But professional rivalry aside, both detectives are about to receive some terrible news: 11-year-old Danny Latimer has been found murdered on the beach. For Ellie it's a personal blow; Danny was her older son's best friend. She can't believe anyone in Broadchurch would ever have harmed him. But Alec considers everyone, even Danny's parents, suspect in his death. It's a living nightmare for everyone involved...even before the press arrive and start stirring up the secrets every town member keeps hidden behind closed doors. An intimate portrait of a town and the ordinary grievances that have slowly simmered for years before boiling over in an unthinkable crime, this remarkable adaptation of the hit television show Broadchurch tells the story of a shattered family, a reeling town, and the two imperfect detectives trying to bring them answers"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,833,240 books! | Top bar: Always visible