Lady Windermere's Lover by Miranda Neville

Lady Windermere's Lover

by Miranda Neville

Miranda Neville is one of those authors I’ve always wanted to read, but I haven’t had the opportunity to do so until now. So when I had the opportunity to participate in the blog tour for LADY WINDERMERE’S LOVER, I couldn’t pass up the chance!

We have good character development. We first meet Damian when he’s a young man. I really liked getting to see him at this age because we can see how reckless he becomes that night and how sorrowful he is afterwards. It’s really easy to see the man he’ll become. We don’t get much of Cynthia in her youth and by the time we do know her she’s already evolved into the woman Damian wanted his wife to become. She’s a bit complex to understand but Neville doesn’t leave us hanging and we’re given insight to how and why Cynthia transforms. I really liked Cynthia because she’s a woman who chooses to form her own destiny. Though the real scene stealer in LADY WINDERMERE’S LOVER? Julian Fortescue! Neville gives us a seductive secondary character that really does shine whenever he’s on the page. We have a few secondary characters that play a vital role and all of them are tied to Damian’s past. I really liked how Neville set this up because we get insight to how and why Damian changed. Furthermore, if you haven’t read any of the books in the series it’s not necessary in order to enjoy LADY WINDERMERE’S LOVER.

What I really liked about Neville’s LADY WINDERMERE’S LOVER was the friendship Cynthia forms with Damian’s friends. I loved how they accepted her openly with no questions asked. I also really liked that Cynthia had a few surprises up her sleeves and was able to surprise Damian on a few occasions. What I most enjoyed was when Cynthia and Damian finally had a talk regarding their marriage and why Cynthia accepted his suit.

I debated with the rating between a three and four and in the end, decided on a three for three reasons. The first, there hardly was any conflict between Damian and Cynthia. Of course Damian thinks Cynthia is having an affair and yet we don’t get much solid proof of this other than a suggestion of sorts. I wanted a bit more internal conflict between our main characters. Secondly, I got the impression that Damian wasn’t interested in his wife until he realized another man really wanted her. I wanted Damian to realize how incredible his wife was on his own, but other than wanting to keep her because they’re married, I didn’t see it. Thirdly, the whole reason Damian lost his mother’s home was because he decided to gamble it. Never did he take responsibility for his actions that night and instead blamed those around him and lost some good friends because of this.

Overall, Neville’s LADY WINDERMERE’S LOVER Lover was a satisfactory read. It’s been awhile since I stayed up late into the early morning to finish a book and this was definitely one of those reads.

If you’re a fan of historical romances or are in a reading rut, I recommend Miranda Neville’s LADY WINDERMERE’S LOVER. I can’t wait to read her backlist, but most important, really looking forward to Julian’s story! ( )
  winterlillies | Jul 6, 2014 |
Not Miranda Neville's best. Plenty of detail about the hero's backstory does not quite redeem his bad treatment of the heroine, who, by contrast, is not as well developed. A meandering plot adds to the reader's frustration. ( )
  Janet126 | Jun 24, 2014 |

Hell hath no fury . . .Damian, Earl of Windermere, rues the day he drunkenly gambled away his family's estate and was forced into marriage to reclaim it. Now, after hiding out from his new bride for a year, Damian is finally called home, only to discover that his modest bride has become an alluring beauty--and rumor has it that she's taken a lover. Damian vows to keep his wife from straying again, but to do so he must seduce her--and protect his heart from falling for the wife he never knew he wanted. Lady Cynthia never aspired to be the subject of scandal. Lady Cynthia never aspired to be the subject of scandal. But with her husband off gallivanting across Persia, what was a lady to do? Flirting shamelessly with his former best friend seemed like the perfect revenge . . . except no matter how little Damian deserves her loyalty, Cynthia can't bring herself to be unfaithful. But now that the scoundrel has returned home, Cynthia isn't about to forgive his absence so easily--even if his presence stirs something in her she'd long thought dead and buried. He might win her heart . . . if he can earn her forgiveness!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,677,484 books! | Top bar: Always visible