Rushing Amy by Julie Brannagh

Ah, contemporary romance. I keep trying to love you, but we just can't seem to connect. Maybe someday I will find the one that gets me hooked, but this wasn't it.

Amy Hamilton (Emily's younger sister from [b:Blitzing Emily|18053051|Blitzing Emily (Love and Football, #1)|Julie Brannagh|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1383002278s/18053051.jpg|25337737]) meets the dashing, successful, and gorgeous Matt Stephens in the bar after her sister's wedding. She holds him at arm's length, he pursues her, and some nonsense happens that could have been avoided, which is my main issue with contemporary romance. But I did not hate both characters, in fact, I rather liked them, so I am giving this 2.5 stars. It's pretty ok, and if contemporary romance is your thing you will probably rate this much much higher. ( )
  GovMarley | Aug 6, 2017 |
So good! I have just fallen in love with this authors books. The characters feel so real and the problems or obstacles the couples face are everyday issues. Yet they talk, communicate and work through those issues unlike some books where I'm screaming "Just tell him already!" The characters of Amy and Matt worked wonderfully together and Amy's relationship with Matt's daughter Samantha is brilliant. Can't wait to get some time to read the next in this series! I highly recommend this one. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |

For Amy Hamilton, only three Fs matter: Family, Football, and Flowers. It might be nice to find someone to share Forever with, too, but right now she's working double overtime while she gets her flower shop off the ground. The last thing she needs or wants is a distraction. Especially in the form of gorgeous and aggravatingly arrogant ex-NFL star Matt Stephens. Matt lives by a playbook--his playbook. He never thought his toughest opponent would come in the form of a stunning florist with a stubborn streak to match his own. Since meeting her in the bar after her sister's wedding, he's known there's something between them. After she refuses--again and again--to go out with him, Matt will do anything to win her heart.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,409,618 books! | Top bar: Always visible