The Tempering Agent by Victoria Pitts Caine

The Tempering Agent

by Victoria Pitts Caine

631,268,033 (4.67)None

This book had a lot of twists and turns. Every time I thought the mystery was solved it changed a little bit. I really liked the characters of Priscilla and Donnie. It would be fun to read more with Rayhan and his wife Liz. I received this book from Celebratelit for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will. ( )
  Virginia51 | Mar 25, 2018 |
I love books that take you to places far away without having to leave your house. Egypt has always been a very intriguing place to me. The author does a superb job of giving us historical facts that make you feel as though you are viewing artifacts right along side the characters. I'm sure many will compare the story to an Indiana Jones adventure and they would be right.

Dr. Priscilla Hackling is about to have an assignment that will remind her of her fiance's death and relive the horrors of that unforgettable time. I felt so bad that she had to be placed in danger for the mission to work. Priscilla is definitely up for the challenge. She wants to see justice served and the killer punished. Her encounter with her partner , the dashing Agent Donnie Barnes doesn't exactly feel all warm and fuzzy at first. The tension between them is just what you would expect from a stubborn woman and a determined agent who is out to solve the crime.

The story takes us into the world of artifacts, gems and secrets people are willing to die for. The action is nonstop and filled with tension. Donnie to me was the star of the book and I soaked in everything about him. He can handle dangerous situations with wisdom and authority. Did he plan to fall for Priscilla along the way? I kept thinking how she tried to pull away from him, but she didn't fool me one bit. When Priscilla becomes victim to the people after the artifacts, I could sense an intensity in Donnie. Can he continue to keep her safe? This is one story that has all the elements of an action packed adventure with characters that are well developed.

One of the things I like the most about the story is the realization Priscilla gets when she finds out friends can turn into enemies. It's one that hurts as she feels defeated. Having to let go of her past is hard, but knowing that you have been betrayed by friends hurts to the core. Learning to let go of past hurt and letting God show you how to find peace is something both Donnie and Priscilla will have to come to turns with. Don't miss this story filled with adventure, history and finding peace

I received a copy of this book from Celebrate Lit. The review is my own opinion. ( )
  Harley0326 | Mar 20, 2018 |
With Priscilla’s wedding plans destroyed by her fiance’s murder, she continues her research in Egypt, digging for antiquities, but locking up the vault of her heart. Three years pass before a clue materializes that might solve the murder and offer Priscilla closure, but it involves a big risk. She must be the bait to catch the perpetrator. That’s when Donnie steps in and tells her to trust him.

The rich details of the archeological dig along with the color of Cairo gave the story fascinating depth. A great read! ( )
  penelopemarzec | Aug 2, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 194009951X, Paperback)

Dr. Priscilla Hackling finds herself thrown back into the murderinvestigation of her fiancé, Trey Whittington. While she was a suspect three years ago, she’s now working with the police to find the murderer, Egyptian artifact trafficker, Zarka El-Din. During a sting operation in Siwa, she and Agent Donnie Barnes are drawn to each other but Priscilla, overcome by personal ghosts from her past, decides a relationship isn’t possible. Priscilla realizes she’s the bait in the ruse and uncovers others involved with El-Din. Will she and Donnie reconcile and unravel the reason behind Trey’s death before El-Din kills her, too?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:46 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,388,293 books! | Top bar: Always visible