Dead But Not Forgotten: Stories from the…

Dead But Not Forgotten: Stories from the World of Sookie Stackhouse

by Charlaine Harris

There were some forgettable stories in this collection but there were also some very sweet stories, which would probably qualify as fanfic but by relatively big name authors.

The Bat Signal by Suzanne McLeod and The Sun, the moon, and the stars by Dana Cameron were probably the ones that I enjoyed the most.

Extreme Makeover Vamp Edition by Leigh Evans; but then again I don't really like some of those programs anyway.
Widowers walk was a poignant look at the past by Eric written by MaryJanice Davidson.
Nobody's Business by Rachel Caine was an interesting look at two minor characters.
Tyger, Tyger is a story where someone is having a really bad day by Christopher Golden and while good, I didn't find it very memorable.
The Real Santa Claus by Leigh Perry was a fun look at a miserable Christmas.
Taproot by Jeffrey J Mariotte was a story about Andy's past.
Knit a sweater out of Sky by Sheanan McGuire was a witch story with spinning and amused the knitter in me.
Love story by Jeanne C Stein tells the story of Sookie's Grandmother and Fintan, interesting and poignant.
Million Dollar Hunt by Jonathan Maberry starts off as a reality show and descends to killing field.
Borderline Dead by Nichole Peeler features a minor character who helps people deal with demanding undead.
Don't be Cruel by Bill Crider features Bubba.
What a dream I had by Nancy Holder features Alcide's disastrous prom date (that man has no luck with women)
Another dead Fairy by Miranda James is a story of the investigation of a fairy murder.

Overall not bad but really is nothing much to add to the stories, just nice sidelines and expansion of characters. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Oct 18, 2016 |
It's quite interesting to see what may or may not have happened to the characters created by Charlaine Harris, their futures re-imagined by other authors. The stories are nice, easy reads, exactly what I was looking for. I enjoyed the stories, not as much as the original books of course, but still well worth a read. ( )
  DebbieMcCauley | Feb 23, 2016 |
It's free on Audible UK right now, so I've listened to it. While there is nothing I liked about the story but the narrator Southern drawl was really pleasant to listen to :) ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
while i enjoyed this book, and there are many excellent PA authors in here, it is essentially fan fiction. charlaine ended the series. she didn't publish a short story in here. it's a bit ridiculous. ( )
  Schlyne | Nov 12, 2015 |
Tanta gente escribiendo reseñas sobre del estilo "Nunca voy a leerlo!" y se pierden de estas short stories sobre los personajes de Southern Vampire Mysteries, que son buenísimas!

Mi favorita: La de Diantha Mucho (aunque no suficiente) SOOKIE&SAM!!.

EN realidad, todas me gustaron La de Pam no tanto. Fue muy interesante una concepción diferente de los mejores personajes de la serie de CHARLAINE HARRIS a través de la pluma de otros escritores.

Ojalá sigan haciendo más. Este cuerpito quiere meter las narices en la vida cotidiana de los STACKHOUSE-MERLOTTE.

Se me van las manos, se me van. Quiero máaaaas. ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 149150806X, MP3 CD)

Charlaine Harris' smash-hit Sookie Stackhouse series may have reached its conclusion, but the world of Bon Temps, Louisiana, lives on in this all-new collection of 15 stories. Written by a killer lineup of authors, including New York Times best-sellers Seanan McGuire and MaryJanice Davidson, and with an introduction by Charlaine herself, Dead but Not Forgotten puts your favorite characters center stage.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:36 -0400)

"...though Sookie's story has come to an end, these tales of her and the characters who populated her world will give you a different perspective on the series you thought you knew..."--Book jacket.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,652,222 books! | Top bar: Always visible