Teeny's Tour of Pie: A Cookbook by Teeny…

Teeny's Tour of Pie: A Cookbook

by Teeny Lamothe

131723,089 (5)None

Early on in reading this book I decided that I really admire Teeny Lamothe because she was determined to make her dreams a reality and wasn't afraid to use an unorthodox method to do so. When she decided that she wanted to become a "lady pie baker" she sent emails out to those she admired and wanted to learn from, then spent an entire year apprenticing across the country to develop her craft. Boys and girls, that takes a lot of guts, how many of you could put your life on hold for a year in pursuit of a dream?

In flipping through the book I was met with page after page of helpful tips, from rolling, crimping, and baking to what to do "when good crusts go bad" and that was before I even got to the recipes. I'll readily admit that I'm not much of a pie baker, I only bake them for Pi day and the rare holiday we spend at home in Wisconsin, so I found many of these tips very helpful. ( )
  NotStarvingYet | Mar 28, 2014 |

Teeny Lamothe is a young woman on a mission—and the mission is pie. Charming, passionate, determined, Teeny traveled America to work with the country's best bakers and learn their techniques, tricks, and wisdom. Now she shares the fruits of her apprenticeship—the crumbs and crusts of her crusade—in Teeny’s Tour of Pie, a delectable journey into total pie immersion.

Here are more than 55 pies, sweet and savory, plus a complete crust primer, and all of it seasoned throughout with Teeny’s humor and inspiration. There are fruit pies: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, Lemony Blueberry Crumb Pie, Rosemary-Infused Caramel Apple Pie. Cream pies: Zested Lime Curd Pie, French Silk Pie. Traditional pies—Sweet Potato Pie, Shoofly Pie, Chess Pie—and unexpected pies—Peanut Butter Brownie Pie with a Pretzel Crust, Bourbon Bacon Pecan Pie. And savory pies, too, like Thanksgiving Dinner Pie with a Stuffing Crumble. Teeny is a gifted baker and writer who demystifies every step. She explains why to add vodka to the pie crust; what to do when the dough is sticky or tears; how to cut and weave a lattice topping. There are the 5 Commandments of Crust and more than 10 no-fail crust recipes, even including one gluten-free. Plus she shows how to make “teeny” pies—her specialty, using a 5-inch pie pan—from the recipes.

Teeny’s Tour of Pie captures both the timeless, homespun appeal of pie and its very timely popularity, right down to the “bakery box” cover with its embossed “string,” flaps, and spot-laminated “tape.” Includes profiles of pie-makers, personal stories, and gorgeous full-color beauty shots and step-by-step photographs.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:22 -0400)

Collection of pie recipes through the seasons.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,430,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible